ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: BruteKill hotkey

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
My XP is getting more and more unstable, and The End is near, I am afraid. But meanwhile I would like to be able to still use it to some degree... Right now I am in the need of a hotkey version for the force / brutekill feature one can have in, say, jgpaiva's Shutdown, so I will be able to shutdown my computer even when the taskbar is unreachable and CPU usage is heavy. The hotkey must be editable.

PhilB66:
Alt+F4 brings up the shut down menu. Then by pressing U you tell the machine to "Turn Off". R is for "Restart.

You could also create a shortcut on your desktop. E.g. Shutdown = shutdown -s -t 0 and Restart = shutdown -r -t 0
You could give it icons and/or assign hotkeys (right click ---> Properties)

jgpaiva:
That's easy!

--- ---F12::
Shutdown,13
That'll force shutdown your computer when you press F12 ;)

Curt:
Alt+F4 brings up the shut down menu. Then ...-PhilB66 (November 11, 2007, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thats one of the reasons I asked for the hotkey to be editable. Alt+F4 brute-kills the active window. I don't remember which program gave me this feature.

That's easy!-jgpaiva (November 11, 2007, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, jgpaiva, it was easy... to read!   ;D

What an earth are you talking about?  :-[  Where and how do I change settings for a F button? Or were you referring to Shutdown.exe ?? or..??? Forgive me for being such an ignorrant on IT.

BTW: Shouldn't it be 24 instead of 13 ? Its for emergency 100% CPU-usage situations.

Ralf Maximus:
Right now I am in the need of a hotkey version for the force / brutekill feature one can have in, say, jgpaiva's Shutdown, so I will be able to shutdown my computer even when the taskbar is unreachable and CPU usage is heavy. The hotkey must be editable.
-Curt (November 11, 2007, 02:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Um... CTRL-ALT-DEL?  Why wouldn't that work for you? 

It's not an editable hot-key, but if you want to fire up task manager or shut things down, there you go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version