ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Mouser - a plea from your users!

<< < (5/6) > >>

Deozaan:
I think that the problems the DCUpdater had with Vista should have led to a rename, like the fun play-on-words AppDater (not a tool to get dates with/for App103!) instead of the "Uppdater" which looks like it could be a typo.

DonationCoder Application Updater, the DC AppDater.

That's the only piece of software I have issues with the name, but only because I'm a stickler for spelling and grammar. (But of course I make spelling/grammar mistakes too!)

I think perhaps a better idea would be for mouser to have the final decision in naming his software, but that he be more open to suggestions from the community.

How would you like to create something and then have a bunch of idiots come up with a stupid name for it? Individuals are smart, masses are stupid.

Ralf Maximus:
Whatever is decided, a common theme might be good.  Like MouseRun or MouseClip.

Armando:
MouseRun or MouseClip
-Ralf Maximus (November 10, 2007, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I like that. But MouseClip and MouseRun already exist. toobad.

Ralf Maximus:
MouseRun or MouseClip
-Ralf Maximus (November 10, 2007, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I like that. But MouseClip and MouseRun already exist. toobad.
-Armando (November 10, 2007, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

But the *idea* is sound.  Pick a theme and name all the apps accordingy.  RobotRun, RobotClip, MouserRun, MouserClip... it would build a unified "brand" where folks might immediately recognize new offerings that are named Robot* as quality ware from a known quantity.

Beats delving into Norse mythology or selecting names from a random generator...

Armando:
Yes, the idea is sound, I agree!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version