ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Mouser - a plea from your users!

<< < (4/6) > >>

justice:
Well its better than Super Flexible File Synchroniser, i forget the name even though i use the progrma every day.

tomos:
"Find And Run Robot" "Clipboard Help+Spell", "Drag and Drop Robot"
--- End quote ---

me,
i like the robot theme too
of the three there CH+S is the only one I'd change -
who want to sound...

like a German megaconglomerate (CH+S, AG) that specializes in making precision grommets for Mercedes.-Ralf Maximus (November 10, 2007, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

(unless of course you actually make...)

Ralf Maximus:
Some of those companies have done well, but I think its harder for users to naturally associate the weird product name with what it actually does. Unless a lot of marketing to drives it across.
-icekin (November 10, 2007, 05:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep.  You've touched on a pet peeve of mine: cute product names that by themselves mean nothing.  I would probably have never found Find and Run Robot had it been called  "Yalooby".

It's strictly a personal thing, but I'd be happier if mouser's products ended up with descriptive names, rather than something from a random word generator.

Ralf Maximus:
like a German megaconglomerate (CH+S, AG) that specializes in making precision grommets for Mercedes.-Ralf Maximus (November 10, 2007, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

(unless of course you actually make...)
-tomos (November 10, 2007, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

My apologies to all the legitimate manufacturers of precision grommets.  I did not mean to cause any offense.

iphigenie:
When it comes to names, though, with so many words trademarked and so many concepts saturated, it is a challenge.

I have had to come up time and time again for a name for a company/software/website/product and it gets harder and harder.

You either go descriptive (not easily trademarkeable), invented (all the web2.0 names, they just needed a domain name pronounceable and not taken) (so instead of farr we'd have 'fzoolia'), combine 2-3 words together ('launchology'), or use a color (about every creative agency in the uk is purple this, yellow that...)

It's hard to be original nowadays

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version