ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Not getting keyword modifiers

(1/2) > >>

justice:
I've got an alias that I want to use as a keyword modifier. How do I go about?? All the examples in the FARR helpfile are incomplete as they don't suply the actual alias used. (see +audio)
I have an alias that works like this:

stt2 d:\stt2\program.txt
--- End quote ---
it would run stt2 with the parameter the program.txt.

Now i want to run it like this:
+stt2 d:\stt2\.txt program              or if this is easier         d:\stt2\.txt program +stt2
--- End quote ---
Instead of passing the program.txt to stt2 instead it launches the textfile with the associated app (notepad). any of the two syntaxes given is fine.

How do I have to change alias?
the code of the alias is as follows:
1000>>>Switch To Task++ Launch>->+stt2 $$1 |D:\scripts\SwitchToTask\SwitchToTask++.exe $$1>+>^stt2 (.*)
--- End quote ---

jgpaiva:
I'm not sure what you mean, but if it's alias-related, i'm sure nitrix can be of assistance, he can bend those better than mouser ;)
If he doesn't stop by here, send him a pm!

justice:
I've had a helpful chat with mouser over IRC and i'm clued up now :) Tip: don't use an adapted regex alias lol. just name it stt2 in my case and put the path to the program in the bottom textarea and it works.

nitrix-ud:
I'm not sure what you mean, but if it's alias-related, i'm sure nitrix can be of assistance, he can bend those better than mouser
--- End quote ---
that's too much jgpaiva  :-[

I've had a helpful chat with mouser over IRC and i'm clued up now  Tip: don't use an adapted regex alias lol. just name it stt2 in my case and put the path to the program in the bottom textarea and it works.
--- End quote ---
glad you made it work, i guess it would be helpful to add a screenshot in the help file showing some exemples of alias tricks : action keyword, noresults keyword, etc.

since it's hard sometimes to differentiate alias name, from alias regex mask, from results...

cheers, nitrix

justice:
yes i said to mouser that the examples don't show the setup of the alias that is used, for example +audio

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version