ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Maybe Vista doesn't suck?

<< < (16/21) > >>

Lashiec:
The funny thing is those who were home taping in those years are the ones directing the companies pushing DRM down everyone's throat.

Or maybe they were the ones who refused to do it, got laughed off by the cool kids, and now they're taking their revenge ;D

Darwin:
I'm not sure that I follow, Lashiec... Are you suggesting that the directors of the RIAA companies that are being so dogmatic about DRM are the same kids that were home taping "in the day" (or that they were the nerdy ones spending their paperroute money on legit Perry Como LPs)?

Lashiec:
Could be one of those two things. I suggest a EFF-funded investigation of those people's past :)

Ralf Maximus:
The funny thing is those who were home taping in those years are the ones directing the companies pushing DRM down everyone's throat.

Or maybe they were the ones who refused to do it, got laughed off by the cool kids, and now they're taking their revenge ;D
-Lashiec (December 02, 2007, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting idea, but most of the RIAA top dogs are wrinkly white dudes in their 60's and 70's.  That would put them in their 30's or 40's during the "recoding on tape is the new Apocalypse" era.  Not saying they WEREN'T guilty of that which they accuse the world, but they weren't kids.

Which, if they were engaging in such heinous activities, makes their hypocrisy even worse.  Kids can use the defense that they don't know any better.

Lashiec:
Oh, then the situation is a bit different from Spain. BTW, wasn't the son of one of those top dogs involved in P2P interchange of songs?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version