Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 01, 2014, 04:50:51 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mahjongg Titans  (Read 7920 times)
devangx5
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:15:02 AM »

Hi All

I play Mahjongg Titans a lot  Wink[which is there in Vista by default]. I was wondering if you could point me to a similar freeware version which has excellent graphics and which I can install on WinXP.

I don't know if this is the right section of the forum to post this. Please move this to the relevant section if required.

Thanks in advance.
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 11:27:37 PM »

Maybe you might like to try MyJongg II.

This is a classic remake of the ancient Mah Jongg solitaire game. Beautiful tile sets, different layouts, sound. We have written a Layout Editor too, and we will release it in the future to help you build your own Layouts!!! Take a look at our future release. Some features do not work yet (like High-Scores).

Seems like a very nice donationware game to me.

Just unzip & run. No installing needed. You can use your own backgrounds if you have any .gif or .bmp files suitable for it.

http://www.cylog.org/games_7.asp

devangx5
Participant

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »

Thmbsup Thanks app103. It's a very nicely done game. Will be playing it  alot in office Cool Wink
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 08:50:20 PM »

Will be playing it  alot in office Cool Wink
oops! Maybe I shouldn't have gave you that link. I don't think your boss is going to like me much.  embarassed

devangx5
Participant

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 01:38:34 AM »

Thmbsup ohmy I'll get my boss hooked to the game Wink Cool and we will probably see who scores best. smiley
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 07:38:50 AM »

Mahjongg Artifacts is the giveaway today (November 17) on Game Giveaway of the Day - might be worth a look!

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
devangx5
Participant

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 08:54:11 PM »

Excellent! Thanks Darwin Thmbsup. By the way, is there any workaround to re-install these giveaway's if I ever have to re-install Windows or even install it to other systems? Wink
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 07:38:19 PM »

Excellent! Thanks Darwin Thmbsup. By the way, is there any workaround to re-install these giveaway's if I ever have to re-install Windows or even install it to other systems? Wink

I think the idea behind it is that if you like it so much to install it again, you'd just buy the software. Thmbsup I know that's not what anyone wants to hear, but it's really the best way to not have to worry about reinstalls.

Elf Wizard
Participant

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 05:32:59 AM »

Hi! smiley

A bit late I suppose! huh

Take a look also at pysolfc (at mah jong games). Windows distribution don't needs any more additional downloads:
http://pysolfc.sourceforge.net/
Windows dl link: http://downloads.sourcefo...lfc/PySolFC_1.1_setup.exe

This is my favorite! smiley

If you have some time check also Vegard's site: http://vegard2.no/ .
Mah Jong link is at top left corner (or just go direct to free distributions: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/freeware.html ).

Greets!!! smiley
Elf Wizard
Participant

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 05:46:15 AM »

By the way, is there any workaround to re-install these giveaway's if I ever have to re-install Windows or even install it to other systems? Wink

Sometimes, specially at games.
a) If you downloaded a single setup.exe, just backup the unzipped folder (eg. c:\program files\mygame). Zip and put it somewhere.

b) If you downloaded 2 exe files (1 setup.exe and 1 activate.exe), (eg. alawar games), run the setup and with the last free version of total uninstall, trace (only the registry, not the file system) the activator (a registry writer), for the newly added registry entries. Export them on a file and back it up with the setup.

Although according to their eula, this is a completely legal process, it is for users with some experience, so if you need any details (screenshots etc.), please tell me.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 04:24:40 AM »

according to their eula, this is a completely legal process
In a matter of ethics though, i'm not quite sure that could be considered "a legal process"...

Elf Wizard
Participant

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 10:28:59 AM »

In a matter of ethics though, i'm not quite sure that could be considered "a legal process"...
[/quote]

No, I don't think it's unethical!

Ofcource software creation and server costs, are far away from being free for them.
So, if you downloaded a ton of free games (eg. from alawar), just go to their site and buy one commercial game, so you can support their company and show them your appreciation.
Since you'll do it, send them a mail too,  noting that you informed for their work, from giveaway site.

Just my thoughts. smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.047s | Server load: 0.02 ]