ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

November Discounts and Giveaway

<< < (2/5) > >>

Darwin:
Don't know anything about Defensewall HIPS, other than that it seems popular. Thanks for pointing me to RM Clock - I'm checking it out, too  :Thmbsup:

Darwin:
Re-reading lanux128's original post (as linked to by Josh in the op of this thread), CPUIdle probably will NOT do much for me. My system is pretty stable and I don't really have an overheating problem. I also have no onboard sensors for CPU temperature so can't gauge that, either...

Grorgy:
I just tried cpuidle over night and one thing that i noticed is that if you use copernic desktop search set to index when idle, it doesnt when cpuidle is running, dont know how it checks for idleness but thats what what happened.

f0dder:
that i noticed is that if you use copernic desktop search set to index when idle, it doesnt when cpuidle is running, dont know how it checks for idleness but thats what what happened.
-Grorgy (November 06, 2007, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
Iirc there's only one Idle Thread, cpuidle probably hogs that?

Darwin:
George, it occurs to me that the problem most likely lies with a different Copernic setting, like "don't index when cpu usage is above XX%" or something similar (don't have Copernic installed so can't check). Might be worth looking at...

I'm starting to see sporadic unheralded and unwelcome reboots on my XP Pro machine. Can't quite match it up to having CPUIdle installed and running, but I can say that it's happened twice SINCE I installed it and never before... I *think* it has to do with changing settings in CPUIdle options. Will follow up on this and post back later today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version