ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Some Performance Questions and Suggestions

<< < (2/4) > >>

nontroppo:
I see memory cache as being different to the database, and you can add one without adding the other (though I do realise there is overlap as far as development goes). The advantage of memory cache is that it doesn't need any of the complex monitoring / updating, all it does is cache the names on first search and uses the memory version as the next letter gets typed. I don't notice windows does much cacheing at all...

+1 to an option to stop Windows flushing the memory; you can call it TURBO mode — every program should have one! ;)

BTW, when starting FARR, of those 3800 file operations, about 800 of them are FARR checking the skin folder, even if I am not using any skin:

17:01:44.444   FindAndRunRobot:2652   FSCTL_IS_VOLUME_MOUNTED   C:\Program Files\Farr\Skins   SUCCESS

mouser:
i'll check the startup code and see what i see, maybe i'm doing something inefficient.

nontroppo:
The large number of startup requests ONLY occur when launch history is shown at start; though the constant skin directory checking occurs irrespective of that setting, or resize window.

mouser:
thanks for the clue, that will help me track it down.

nontroppo:
I've also noticed, that if I type in something only an alias group will match, FARR still keeps scanning through the folders on every key press, so with the email thing:

email john@te

There is nothing that matches apart from the email group, yet FARR keeps scanning all directories on every new keypress. Once only aliases are left in the list, I suggest you stop incremental search. The memory cache would also fix this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version