topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 7:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Paint Shop Pro X2 - installation from hell ...  (Read 33387 times)

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Hi from the a*** end of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Paint Shop Pro X2 - installation from hell ...
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 08:40 PM »
thanks for all those suggestions... when all is said and done tho, I would like to have a legal, functioning copy of psp.
Maybe in the next 24 hours, Mr Corel will intercede personally and send his VIP jet for me to come to NY and present me with a gold edition psp.
Its night in his part of the world, so it'll be exciting when I log on tomorrow morning to see what support has to say
tony

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 04:43 AM »
that's true, the TIME wasted
compo! compo!
Tom

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 07:45 AM »
Last post on this topic for me, I reckon...
this evening (I didn't have to wait till morning), received an email from support (in australia) with a link to the cd version to d/load and install.
It worked first time! Boy was I ecstatic. Took a while, but corel support did hang in there and deliver for me. Ultimately, I can't say whether it was my crappy computer's fault
or not, so I'm just looking on the positive and saying thanks to support at corel.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 09:01 AM »
Purely coincidental, but I had to reinstall WinDVD 8 Platinum last night and ran headlong into a brick wall with it because I couldn't activate it. When I bought the upgrade Intervideo owned and maintained it. Corel now owns it and I couldn't get my activation code (they only last 10 days from generation) which is now available by clicking on a "get serial" link. I'd click the link and the page would refresh. I finally noticed - after a good hour of cursing - that the link was for the page that I was looking at, so e-mailed Corel support via their online ticket system adopting an exaperated tone that culminated with: "How the h@#$ am I supposed to activate my software?!". That was 7:36 PM (PST). I received a reply with the solution at 9:24 PM (PST). I was quite pleasantly surprised by this because I was anticipating not hearing from support for at least 24 hours and that their first response wouldn't solvce the problem. So convinced was I of  this that I uinstalled WinDVD!

BTW, Ad-Muncher was the culprit - it was blocking the popup that contained the relevant information (so you see, there WAS and Aussie connection!).

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 11:04 AM »
It worked first time! Boy was I ecstatic.
Glad you're fixed up!  Good to learn that someone at Corel has a modicum of common sense.
I wonder if anyone there will have enough of it to fix some of those circular/dead-end links to which you referred.

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 03:06 PM »
Darwin, glad you got your problem resolved so smoothly. Organizations are probably just like large/complex bits of software - the larger, the more prone to faults and glitches, but sometimes they just work as designed and you're happy. Ad muncher - is australian?
I wonder if anyone there will have enough of it to fix some of those circular/dead-end links to which you referred.
-cranioscopical (November 09, 2007, 11:04 AM)
Cranio - I wouldn't expect it.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 03:55 PM »
Yes siree Bob, er, tsaint! Ad-Muncher is developed by Murray Hurps in Australia. A LOT of my favourite apps are developed in Australia (DOpus, Admuncher, Resource Hacker, ExcelPipe, StatistiXL, RapidPi, etc.). Good stuff!

Anyway, glad you've gotten some satisfaction out of Corel (missed saying that in my last post) and hope X2 proves to be worth the hassle!