ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paint Shop Pro X2 - installation from hell ...

<< < (5/7) > >>

tsaint:
and the saga continues...
19 more attempts with support from corel australia suggesting a few things, including providing links to psp 6 install problems/remedies. All not effective.
20 phone corel australia for refund... no, have to phone corel usa. Bugger.
21. phone corel usa from australia - on hold for 7 minutes at international rates, wondering how long  it'll take, decide to hang up.
22. write long support entry on their website, takes about 10 minutes, try to submit and get new screen saying cant submit stuff to refunds department, but providing no way to either submit to different department, or save my typing (its lost from previous screen)...complete waste of time.
23. write a new support request, submit it to tech and tell them to forward it to refunds, and ask THEM to ring ME. That'd be funny.

As an aside (bonus?) if I do a search for paint shop pro x2 installation problem in google, I'm at the top of the page rankings! First time I made it to #1 - ever cloud has a silver lining:)

cranioscopical:
tsaint, if it weren't so patently aggravating for you it would be amusing!
I think most of us have experienced that sense of utter astonishment  when a long, annoying venture like this is just dead-ended.
You don't know anyone at the phone company, do you, who could connect Corel support USA to Corel support in Australia? You can almost hear the sounds of their brains fusing from here :D

jgpaiva:
I think right now Corel only deserves one of 2 things from you:

* You move to another company and never ever come back

* You download and use a ilegal version of X2 and tell them they don't need to bother anymore because you decided to download a cracked version of their product
Honestly, it makes NO sense for you to go through all those hoops when it's definitelly their incompetence's fault.

Darwin:
Agreed (not sure about using a crack, mind): this is ludicrous  :down:

katykaty:
It's time to threaten them with court proceedings to recover the money you spent on the application, on your calls etc to support to try to fix their problem, and a notional amount for your time - and I do mean notional, don't try to claim £300 per hour   ;)

That's assuming Aussie law has similar consumer protection statutes to English & Welsh law.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version