ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paint Shop Pro X2 - installation from hell ...

<< < (6/7) > >>

tsaint:
thanks for all those suggestions... when all is said and done tho, I would like to have a legal, functioning copy of psp.
Maybe in the next 24 hours, Mr Corel will intercede personally and send his VIP jet for me to come to NY and present me with a gold edition psp.
Its night in his part of the world, so it'll be exciting when I log on tomorrow morning to see what support has to say
tony

tomos:
that's true, the TIME wasted
compo! compo!

tsaint:
Last post on this topic for me, I reckon...
this evening (I didn't have to wait till morning), received an email from support (in australia) with a link to the cd version to d/load and install.
It worked first time! Boy was I ecstatic. Took a while, but corel support did hang in there and deliver for me. Ultimately, I can't say whether it was my crappy computer's fault
or not, so I'm just looking on the positive and saying thanks to support at corel.

Darwin:
Purely coincidental, but I had to reinstall WinDVD 8 Platinum last night and ran headlong into a brick wall with it because I couldn't activate it. When I bought the upgrade Intervideo owned and maintained it. Corel now owns it and I couldn't get my activation code (they only last 10 days from generation) which is now available by clicking on a "get serial" link. I'd click the link and the page would refresh. I finally noticed - after a good hour of cursing - that the link was for the page that I was looking at, so e-mailed Corel support via their online ticket system adopting an exaperated tone that culminated with: "How the h@#$ am I supposed to activate my software?!". That was 7:36 PM (PST). I received a reply with the solution at 9:24 PM (PST). I was quite pleasantly surprised by this because I was anticipating not hearing from support for at least 24 hours and that their first response wouldn't solvce the problem. So convinced was I of  this that I uinstalled WinDVD!

BTW, Ad-Muncher was the culprit - it was blocking the popup that contained the relevant information (so you see, there WAS and Aussie connection!).

cranioscopical:
It worked first time! Boy was I ecstatic.
-tsaint (November 09, 2007, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Glad you're fixed up!  Good to learn that someone at Corel has a modicum of common sense.
I wonder if anyone there will have enough of it to fix some of those circular/dead-end links to which you referred.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version