ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paint Shop Pro X2 - installation from hell ...

(1/7) > >>

tsaint:
here's a summary of upgrading from PSP X to PSP X2..
1. install X2 trial to see if I like it... at end of install, x2 launches and I play with it awhile (liking it)
2. Hour later, try launching it again... language error. Try several times, same error.
3. Re-install, new problem - not admin (incorrect!) Try several times, same error.
4. Re-install. New error - trial has expired  (this is same day as 1st download!!!)
5. Re install, same error. Send various requests for support corel support site (replies are no help)
6. Delete using special uninstaller from corel site, re-install, same error.
7. Scratch head... make BAD decision - if I buy x2, can't possibly give trial expired error.
8. delete trial, purchase x2 and use their download link to get (I thought) a non-trial version.
9. Install new version, use supplied key, launch it - expired!!!!!!!!
10. Think .. maybe the X version is causing this. Delete X2, delete version X
11. re-install x2 - expired.
12. delete x2, reinstall X, reinstall X2. Expired.
13. Delete both again, run reseeker looking for all paint shop pro references in registry. There are a LOT! Deep breath.. delete all the buggers!
14. Re-install X and X2. Same old expired trial message.
15. Get new message from corel support - we can't help via support site, you need to phone corel.
16. Use corel's link to find where to phone, phone corel.
17. get told over the phone that they (who-ever was on the end of the phone) can't help, I need to EMAIL corel for help.
18. email corel, anticipating a reply email that says I need to phone for support.

Is it time to ask for a refund? Since I'm going to asia for xmas vacation, I'm sorely tempted to not get a refund, but to buy a pirated X2 copy to resolve this monumental waste of time.

Deozaan:
Why buy a pirated copy in asia? You already bought the full product, which isn't working. Normally I don't advocate this kind of stuff, but since you're legally an owner of the product and they can't seem to get it to work for you, why not just find a crack for it online somewhere?

Don't buy a pirated version. You already paid for the real version. Find a working version online, since you paid for it already. I think you're entitled to have your software working.

tsaint:
never thought of that...course I should have. Probably though it's an idea born of frustration and annoyance and I shouldn't do it.

Maybe I'd be handling it better if it wasn't for the fact that I organized for the school to purchase a DOWNLOAD (electronic) version of geometer sketch pad from an australian company a week ago. When the download link for that one didnt arrive and I questioned them, I was told it had been ordered from the USA which would take 7-10 days to arrive. MY DOWNLOAD version is being mailed from the USA????????????

Darwin:
Corel has one of those super uninstallers, which I have downloaded (couldn't tell you where to find it) and archived. I can send it to you if you like. FWIW, I had PSP 9, X and X1 installed on my system and X2 installed no problem and has been a real joy after the disappointments of X and X1.

Let me know about that Corel "zapper" - PM me if you want me to send it to you.

Darwin:
Scatch that - here's a link to instructions on how to uninstall, including a link to the download.

Hope this helps...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version