ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

Problems with Ghoster

<< < (10/10)

vermeulen:
I'm having trouble getting this to work properly with 2 monitors. The main is 1400x1050 (Dell D610 with Intel integrated video), and the secondary monitor is 1280x1024.  The main monitor works great, but nothing dims on the other one. Windows that are partially in both windows dim on the main monitor. TransOther works great on both monitors. My INI setting look like this:
[Settings]
backcolor=000000
image=
x=
y=
width=
height=
stretchwidth=1
stretchheight=1
keepaspect=1
transparency=175
jump=1
showdesktop=0
showontop=0
multimon=1

Even working like this, this is a great app. Thanks!

threeboy.net:
Great app but doesn't work with triple monitors in Windows 7.

ylavi:
I also had problems with Ghoster on multiple screens. My issue was due to the fact that my secondary monitor is to the left of my primary monitor, and I would guess that vermeulen and threeboy.net also have monitors to the left of their primary monitor.

The AHK script can be corrected to work better with multiple screens. Here's a diff-style patch for the AHK script currently on this site. (my full AHK file is attached)
It adds another option (2) to multimon which fixes the problem for me. Everything should work exactly the same way if you don't use that option.

--- ---80c80,94
< Gui,Show,X0 Y0 W%A_ScreenWidth% H%A_ScreenHeight%,%applicationname%Window
---
>
> topleftx=0
> toplefty=0
> screenwidth=%A_ScreenWidth%
> screenheight=%A_ScreenHeight%
> If multimon=2
> {
>   SysGet,screenwidth,78
>   SysGet,screenheight,79
>   SysGet,topleftx,76
>   SysGet,toplefty,77
> }
> ;Gui,Show,X0 Y0 W%A_ScreenWidth% H%A_ScreenHeight%,%applicationname%Window
> Gui,Show,X%topleftx% Y%toplefty% W%screenwidth% H%screenheight%,%applicationna
me%Window
>
96c110,111
<       WinMove,%A_ScreenWidth%,%A_ScreenHeight%,,,%applicationname%Window
---
> ;      WinMove,%A_ScreenWidth%,%A_ScreenHeight%,,,%applicationname%Window
>       WinMove,%screenwidth%,%screenheight%,,,%applicationname%Window
147c162
<   ini=%ini%`n`;multimon=1 or 0            Dim all monitors in a multimonitor system
---
>   ini=%ini%`n`;multimon=1 or 0 or 2       Dim all monitors in a multimonitor system - 2 uses alternative method for sizing
223c238
< Gui,99:Add,Text,x+10 yp+10,%applicationname% v1.2
---
> Gui,99:Add,Text,x+10 yp+10,%applicationname% v1.3-yl
226a242
> Gui,99:Add,Text,y+10,- With multi-monitor fix by yl

I'm sure there are people out there who would appreciate skrommel (or anyone else) updating the downloads with new AHK and EXE incorporating this fix.

mouser:
thanks for sharing ylavi :up:

threeboy.net:
That fix works great for multiple monitors but it stops working after a few window jumps :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version