ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

Problems with Ghoster

<< < (7/10) > >>

skrommel:
 :tellme: The CPU usage is caused by the WinSetRegion which punches a hole in the ghosted image.

I've uploaded a new verision of Ghoster where I've changed how often a new hole is punched, and the way it exits. Please let me know if it works OK.

Skrommel

brotherS:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/index.html still says "Ghoster v1.1" - I downloaded it and CPU performance really is better, thanks!

Problems:
- it now has the AHK tray icon and not its own icon anymore
- I still experience that "makes windows to stay front-most only" bug when I start and quit it with my remote script! :( :( :( Is there a way to make Ghoster.exe check for a running copy of itself when it's started so one would just have to run the exe to start AND to quit it?

skrommel:
 :tellme: Do you kill it or close it?

:-[ Not so pretty without it's icon... Corrected.

Skrommel.

brotherS:
Thanks skrommel, I'll download that.

Last night I started the old one and when I woke up my desktop was completely black!  :o
When I moved the mouse around and used Alt-TAB it started to flash, then I found out there were ALMOST A HUNDRED Ghoster.exe instances running!!  :o :o :o

All were using 0 to 3% CPU, causing 100% CPU load and it took me almost an hour to kill so many that I was able to send you a screenshot of how it then looked:

Problems with Ghoster

skrommel:
 ;D You really should send me that script of yours, there must be some very clever things going on in there!

Skrommel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version