ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

Problems with Ghoster

(1/10) > >>

f0dder:
Hey Skrommel, just played around with Ghoster a bit.

While it migth be classified as a "toy", I find it very appealing - it could be pretty useful when one needs to code for a while, keeping you from being distracted too much by things in the background.

However, there's a little bug - after I exited Ghoster, at least two of my windows still had "always on top" enabled - one was mIRC which was easy to fix, the other was firefox which I'll probably have to close down and re-start after posting this message.

Also, when selecting tabs (probably also MDI windows), the active window flashes as if it was being ghosted and then re-enabled. I think the on-top stickyness might be related to this, since both mIRC and FireFox are tabbed, and I switched tabs in both apps while running Ghoster.

brotherS:
I have the same problem, please read https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=326.0 to see if you use the same Windows feature as I do. If not this seems to be a real bug to fix then - I have noticed it also only for tabbed windows...

f0dder:
I'm not using any kind of X-Window mouse stuff, so it's not that.

Can't remember if I clicked the tabs or used <ctrl>+<tab> to switch between them, in case that makes any difference.

EDIT:
Okay, a couple more things:

1) - doesn't work in multi-monitor configurations, apps running on second monitor are fullbright (and apps running half one one monitor, half on the other, are half dimmed... might be a windows, nvidia, or driver limit?)

2 - it would be nice if you supply the .au3 with the .exe (if the .au3 can be extracted directly, nevermind this request)

3 - it would be nice if the taskbar and tray weren't shaded.

brotherS:
I'm not using any kind of X-Window mouse stuff, so it's not that.

3 - it would be nice if the taskbar and tray weren't shaded.
-f0dder (October 03, 2005, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting... lets see what Skrommel says about that mouse stuff thingy... maybe it's really a bug for tabbed windows.

Regarding your idea #3: well, I think it makes a lot of sense to dim ALL but the active window (like it's done now) - you can still see the taskbar and tray, it's just dimmed a bit.

skrommel:
 :) Multimonitor support should be possible, I'll look into it.

And I really should add a cleanup routine in there, too, to put back the ontop windows. But if you activate the desktop before closing Ghoster, all is OK!

I thought I put an option in the Ghoster.ini to not dim the taskbar? Yes, showontop=1 should take care of that. It also makes all other ontop windows peek through, so maybe I'll add an extra option for just the taskbar...

Skrommel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version