ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

To wide-screen or not to wide-screen

<< < (14/19) > >>

f0dder:
(see attachment in previous post)
Okay, I think I'm sold.
-Ralf Maximus (November 11, 2007, 06:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's not a monitor. That's a TV with DVI input, most likely. Sure would be nice...
-Deozaan (November 11, 2007, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not that big a difference these days, although "TVs" tend to be larger, have more inputs, and possibly a couple of tuners as well. But with DVI and HDMI inputs, the lines begin to blur...

lanux128:
Okay, I think I'm sold.-Ralf Maximus (November 11, 2007, 06:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
wow, you can spot an evil sprite miles away.. ;D

zridling:
Lanux, I'd recommend the widescreen option, if for no other reason, their falling prices. 22" is cool, 24" is great if you can afford it. Just remember to bring a big videocard to the party.

AndyM:
Just remember to bring a big videocard to the party.
-zridling (November 19, 2007, 04:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

So will the 4 year old video card that came with my Dell XP Pro machine (NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP 8 X - Dell), which runs my current 20" monitor at 1600x1200 nicely, run a widescreen 24" monitor at 1920x1200?  Or will I have to buy a new video card?

I tried asking Samsung (I want to replace my 204B with a 245BW), but no answer.

Ralf Maximus:
So will the 4 year old video card that came with my Dell XP Pro machine (NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP 8 X - Dell), which runs my current 20" monitor at 1600x1200 nicely, run a widescreen 24" monitor at 1920x1200?  Or will I have to buy a new video card?
-AndyM (November 19, 2007, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Easy enough to check.

Open your display properties and go to Settings/Advanced.  See how far to the right the little "resolution" slider will go, but don't hit "OK" unless your existing monitor can take it.

:-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version