ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Which MP3 tagger do you use?

<< < (6/16) > >>

mwfuss:
I use both mp3tag and Tag&Rename.

CWuestefeld:
OK, with MP3tag being so popular... Can you tell me if it understands the AlbumArtist tag? A big part of the reason I use different tools is that support for this tag is still uncommon.

Some of my favorite things to listen to in the car are compilations like "Like, Omigod! The '80s Pop Culture Box" (http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=78239) and "Have A Nice Decade: The '70s Pop Culture Box" (http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=72919). If you can't assign an AlbumArtist of "Various" to these, then the content of the disc gets fragmented by the library software so you can't listen to it all as one unit (without creating playlists).

(BTW, that "Have A Nice Decade" set is really cool. Between the tracks it's got several news clips, reporting on 70s events like Watergate, Patty Hearst, "Jesus Freaks", etc. It really gives some cool context to the music.)

Lashiec:
Yes, Mp3tag understands any tag you create and embed in the file. You have to go to the "Extended tags" panel by clicking in any file(s) you wish to edit, and there you can define the tags. As you can define a renaming mechanism as well, it's easy to set up a renaming scheme that chooses either "Album Artist" or "Artist" (a conditional sentence).

Dude Spell:
Great piece of software.  :Thmbsup:

ID3 Sync
Let us assume that each file contains a least some correct information, for example: you might have a mp3 which has the correct artist in the filename, the correct title is in the id3v2 tag whilst the id3v1 tag contains the name of the album. ID3-Sync presents you with a simple and fast interface to select the correct information from these different sources. It then updates the id3v1 and id3v2 tags and renames your file according to a pattern you can specify.
--- End quote ---

rjdegraff:
Tag & Rename by Softpointer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version