ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Pet Peeve: I will never buy a rechargeable mouse again for as long as i live

<< < (6/11) > >>

iphigenie:
I have a love-hate relationship with wireless too. I keep falling for the idea of free movement only to find myself in a world of connection problems and dying batteries before the month is out.

When the computer doesnt move I stick with wired, because I never have a problem with wires getting in the way on the desktop.

When the computer moves, as a laptop, I have gone back to wireless. Cables get always messed up in a bag. And, now that the usb receiver plugs are so small that you can leave them on the port when packing the machine, wireless is less fiddly than wired (it used to be more fiddly as you would lose the receiver in the depths of the case on a periodic basis).
Of course even there the features of the mouse are more important. I need my 5 buttons and I have this wireless mouse because it was the only mini mouse I found that had 5 buttons, not because it is wireless...

I just recently fell in the trap of wireless for a PC which had gotten moved to the living room as we might want to use it from a distance at times. So it has 2 sets, wired on the desk and a wireless keyboard and a wireless trackball in case we ever want to pick music or watch a DVD or something.

Already I am reminded as to why I fell out of love with the wireless stuff, as it seems to lose its connection when the computer goes asleep :S (strangely enough dont have that problem with the wireless mouse on the laptop, i wonder why)

So on average I will be a cable bore except when it really might make sense to not have a cable...

Darwin:
I can't believe how lucky I've been - two years of trouble-free wireless computing and I use crappy rechargeable batteries that last for at least 8 months on a charge. I've never had a connection problem and am thrilled by the longevity of the batteries. My wireless setup is a MS Standard Wireless Mouse and a Multimedia Keyboard v.1.1 that I got free with the purchase of MS Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition (I wound up springing for the academic version of Pro about two months later - had to have Access).

Lashiec:
There are some advanced wireless mouses out there. Like this Genius (longest URL ever) that lets you plug the USB cable to recharge the batteries, much like the iPod (Apple developed something really nice there).

I'm very happy with my Logitech LX7, and I would not give up on wireless not even for all money in the world :D. Of course, this one uses AA batteries, so I don't have mouser's problems :P

Deozaan:
There are some advanced wireless mouses out there. Like this Genius (longest URL ever) that lets you plug the USB cable to recharge the batteries, much like the iPod (Apple developed something really nice there).

I'm very happy with my Logitech LX7, and I would not give up on wireless not even for all money in the world :D. Of course, this one uses AA batteries, so I don't have mouser's problems :P
-Lashiec (November 05, 2007, 02:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I like how they specify that the mouse is Vista capable... and who would want a mouse with a dern receiver?

"That thar dern receiver dun lost mah connection!"
 :P

Darwin:
... and who would want a mouse with a dern receiver?

"That thar dern receiver dun lost mah connection!"

--- End quote ---

;D :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version