ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Pet Peeve: I will never buy a rechargeable mouse again for as long as i live

(1/11) > >>

mouser:
You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time, but somehow I wasn't careful enough in reading descriptions and bought another rechargeable mouse.

Big mistake.

I never remember to put it in its charging base until it runs out of power, requiring me to go connect another corded mouse while it charges.  Plus when i put it in its recharging cradle most of the time now it doesn't quite get the connection it needs so i have to sit there fiddling with it for 10 seconds trying to shift it around until it makes good contact.  what a pain.

Seriously, never again.  Battery powered mouse is 100x better and doesn't eat so much power as to make buying batteries a concern to me.

Consider this a warning to all those of you who haven't yet experienced a rechargeable mouse and might buy one by mistake -- read the descriptions carefully before ordering.

ps. ok you messed up criminally insane rechargeable-loving freaks can post your replies now telling me how wrong i am.  :-\

Darwin:
I have the solution, mouser-sen! Use rechargeable batteries in a battery powered mouse! Best of both worlds. This is what I do and I've had to recharge the rechargeables (being ahead of the curve, I have an extra set of rechargeables so just swap them and keep on working) twice in two and a half years. Ditto for the keyboard. Crazy.

I dunno, just thought this might placate the criminally insane rechargeable types!

PS I realize this doesn't help you with your current situation. I've been there. I feel your pain.

mouser:
Thanks for reminding me of a point i wanted to make!:

If you want to use rechargeable power in a mouse -- by a battery powered mouse and use rechargeable batteries just like Darwin says!!!   Then there is no waiting time while the batteries charge since you can do that offline, and you can always use regular batteries in an emergency, and you can always buy new rechargeable batteries when they stop holding a charge.

nudone:
solution. don't use a wireless mouse at all. whenever i have to use someone's wireless mouse i'm kind of surprised why anyone would want to shove that weight around.

long live cables - and the very lightweight mice that are attached to them.

Darwin:
Funny, Nick, I find the extra weight makes the mouse more... ergonomic? I like the heft of a wireless mouse. I don't know if I'd like it in one of those "portable" versions for notebooks that are available, but I've tried a couple of times to go back to my old, corded Intellimouse and it just feels flimsy and "cheap" now. The other advantage of a cordless is that you never have to worry about kinks in the cord or objects on your (physical) desktop snagging it. Of course, this reduces the incentive to keep an orderly workspace, so maybe it's not a good thing after all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version