ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I want to browse thru my documents (pdfs, pics, word, rtf, and so on...) ...

(1/4) > >>

elpresi:
Hi all,
I just discovered forum and it seems the perfect place to ask this question.

I would like to browse thru my documents in the same manner I can browse thru notes in my outliner (Keynote).
Basicly I would like to have a left panel which would show my file structure -including files, not just folders-
Selecting a document/file on that panel would then open a preview of it on the right side; the program does not even need to have a preview engine, it could just be a sidepanel as described, that could be configured to open/close specific fast loading programs to view the documents.

I know that some file managers have document preview, but they never include files in the tree structure.
Is there an application that can do what I want? Perhaps there are technical limitations to what I suggest, I donĀ“t know.

I greatly welcome any suggestions.

:)

Noel

update:
one more thought:
it would be nice if the side panel could be rooted at a any desired location and even better if it had tabs(or clickable buttons) each rooted as desired. Seeing the whole tree structure is obviously not necessary to browse thru documents held at a specific location.

mouser:
i don't know any but i'm quite curious to hear about what other people suggest - sounds like a useful tool to have.

JeffK:
Perhaps UltraRecall.

www.ultrarecall.com

Jeff

mouser:
no i think he wants a FILE EXPLORER to broswe the file system, which shows FILES and FOLDERS in the left hand tree, and then in the right hand panel a view of the files contents.

JeffK:
Not quite what is required re what can be seen in panels but Powerdesk (vcom.com) has a file viewer which handles 150 file formats.  But AFAIK you can't have the files and folders in the one tree.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version