ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SyncBackSE vs. SuperFlexible

<< < (3/16) > >>

zridling:
What mwb1100 said. You won't go wrong with using what you like. As for Ken, well, we're working on him!

Armando:
... Any donationcoder members still using SyncBackSE?
DBC
-DBC (November 01, 2007, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I still use SyncBackSE. I have looked at SF about 4 times. I have tried earnestly to see what everyone's enthusiasm is with SF and I just don't. So, there is at least 1 left. :)

Ken
-KenR (November 01, 2007, 09:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

same here. synbackse works well for me.  It has plenty of features.

I should've kept notes about why I decided to keep syncbackse instead of sffs but... I didn't. One thing I remember though: I was interested in the delta updating of files but it didn't seem to make a big difference in speed in the end.

People seem to find syncbackse unreliable... but it's always been pretty reliable to me. :)

nosh:
Those interested in a mirroring tool with a good looking + v.user friendly interface may want to check out Second Copy. Sadly, it's not free.

tomos:
I presume you've looked at the other SFFS threads
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8273.0
and
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=7714.0

how about dirsync ?

The only sync app I’ve found to be as accurate is DirSync, but it’s not as fast as Super Flexible File Synchronizer Pro. It has both a wizard step-by-step mode or an advanced mode. Profiles are simple to setup, easy to alter, and can be scheduled remotely. Worth every penny to protect your files.
--- End quote ---
(from [Zaine's SFFS] review)

I presume "It has both a wizard step-by-step mode or an advanced mode. Profiles are simple to setup, easy to alter, and can be scheduled remotely" refers to SFFS.
but DirSync is less than half the price...
-tomos (March 10, 2007, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

urlwolf:
I moved from  SyncBackSE to SFFS.
I can say that after being a long-time user SyncBackSE -incremental backups- and having tried every app for backups under the sun, everything feels like a toy next to SFFS.

FTP sucks in SyncBackSE.
ever stopped a sync/backup profile in SyncBackSE? you have to start from scratch. SFFS will retake where it left it.

Many, many minor details make me thing that SFFS is head and shoulders over SyncBackSE.

my 2 cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version