ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > GOE 2007 Challenge Downloads

GOE 2007 Programming Contest for November 2007

(1/5) > >>

mouser:
To help kick off our Getting Organized Experiment for 2007, I thought we would try something a little different from last time.

In order to help encourage some coders who hang out at DC to write some productivity software, we are going to have a little challenge to write a "productivity" program.

Your challenge:

* Write a computer program (or web service) which helps people be more productive with their time.
* Highest honors go to creativity and uniqueness.
* This must be program that was not released before Nov. 1st, 2007
* Deadline is December 1st, 2007.
Prizes:

* Cody mugs for all top participants.
* A feature in our newsletter.
* Donations galore!
ps. as always the programs you write are your own property to do with as you wish -- we only ask that if you decide to sell the software and not make it available as donationware, that remember the dc members on the site who helped you test it.

mouser:
ps2.
in general i think we are still figuring out how to handle the case where we'd like to financially reward contributors, without somehow demeaning the volunteer nature of the site.  one thing we will try to do though is to try to redirect donations made to the site to people who make good stuff.

ps3.
if you already have a dc mug and don't want another we will give you something of your choosing.

mouser:
Note:
You can combine this with the Firefox Extension Coding Contest we are having and submit a FF extension that is GOE related: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10464.0

Blaster:
Hi to everyone!

Write a computer program (or web service) which helps people be more productive with their time.
--- End quote ---

What does "a computer program (or web service) which helps people be more productive with their time" means exactly? :-)

I'd like to see one more mug in my donationcoder.com mug  collection...   :)

Crush:
Getting Organized is only a motto or an aim to come together for bigger projects?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version