ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Program to Change File Attributes on Windows

<< < (5/5)

katkilla:

I know I'm running a little late with my response, but it may help future readers of this topic -

For years now I've used a simple program called "PropertiesPlus"

What it does -
PropertiesPlus is a free add-on for Windows Explorer.  It adds additional functionality to the right-click menu under the menu option PropertiesPlus (below the normal Windows "Properties"). Here you are able to modify file attributes, file extensions, and the time stamps of single files, multiple files, or files contained within the folders. Display the bytes allocated and the disk information. This program is simple to install and easy to use. If, like me, you frequently require more control over your files than that allowed by the base Windows application, PropertiesPlus allows considerable flexibility.

I'm using Ver1.65, and although the blurb says it's for Win95, Win98, NT4.0, it works perfectly well on my XP SP2 system, and I believe, on Vista too.  I couldn't do without it.
It's an old program, but still the best.  Better than Attribute Changer IMO.

The filename is "pplus165.exe"    If you want it, you'll find a few places on the net where it is still available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version