topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NEW Cody wallpapers for Halloween  (Read 42993 times)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
NEW Cody wallpapers for Halloween
« on: October 31, 2007, 04:45 AM »
Today is a special day for Cody as he has two new wallpapers he'd like you to see.

There are two sets, each set has five wallpaper sizes - this is to cover all of the different screen aspect ratios.

If you don't see the correct pixel width and height dimensions for your monitor but you know its aspect ratio then just download the wallpaper with the same aspect ratio - it should then scale to fit properly.

wtfcody.com reboot
reboot_800x600-(4;3)-preview.jpg

dimensions: 1280 x 1024, ratio: 5:4
* reboot_1280-x-1024-(5;4).jpg (294.01 kB. 1280x1024 - viewed 539 times.)

dimensions: 1440 x 960, ratio: 3:2 or 15:10
* reboot_1440-x-960-(3;2-or-15;10).jpg (292.31 kB. 1440x960 - viewed 558 times.)

dimensions: 1600 x 1200, ratio 4:3
* reboot_1600-x-1200-(4;3).jpg (377.39 kB. 1600x1200 - viewed 580 times.)

dimensions: 1920 x 1080, ratio 16:9 HD TV
* reboot_1920-x-1080-(HD-16;9).jpg (422.45 kB. 1920x1080 - viewed 553 times.)

dimensions: 1920 x 1200, ratio 16:10
* reboot_1920-x-1200-(16;10).jpg (429.62 kB. 1920x1200 - viewed 563 times.)

crystal ball
crystalball_800x600-(4;3)-preview.jpg

dimensions: 1280 x 1024, ratio: 5:4
* crystalball_1280-x-1024-(5;4).jpg (226.13 kB. 1280x1024 - viewed 567 times.)

dimensions: 1440 x 960, ratio: 3:2 or 15:10
* crystalball_1440-x-960-(3;2-or-15;10).jpg (201.09 kB. 1440x960 - viewed 536 times.)

dimensions: 1600 x 1200, ratio 4:3
* crystalball_1600-x-1200-(4;3).jpg (264.66 kB. 1600x1200 - viewed 542 times.)

dimensions: 1920 x 1080, ratio 16:9 HD TV
* crystalball_1920-x-1080-(HD-16;9).jpg (275.61 kB. 1920x1080 - viewed 537 times.)

dimensions: 1920 x 1200, ratio 16:10
* crystalball_1920-x-1200-(16;10).jpg (295.06 kB. 1920x1200 - viewed 527 times.)

If you aren't sure about the aspect ratio of your screen then you will most likely be able to find it here http://en.wikipedia....f_common_resolutions

A full screen version of the scene inside the crystal ball will also be available either later on here or on wtfcody.com or just ask me if I forget.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:24 PM by mouser, Reason: WTFCODY site was taken offline »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: NEW Cody wallpapers for Halloween
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 04:49 AM »
i'm speechless.  :-*

my favorite part is the view of cody in cap and scarf looking very cool in 3d style.  :up:

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 04:53 AM »
:up: super stuff nudone :Thmbsup:

amazing detail(s) in there!!
Tom

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 05:25 AM »
The second one is gorgeous! Great work.

momonan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 06:00 AM »
Everything about the frankencody pic delights me.  Especially seeing Cody standing on one foot to pull the lever.  And the dumb, duffus look on the nice monster.  But, oh no, there's more: love those fabulous clips holding the monster's ears together 8)  -- and who's that peering through the door?  Ah, some inside jokes, too.  Looks like Cody's favorite uncle may have financed this little venture.

Nudone, I still have your amazing hallowe'en pic from last year with Cody looking scared, but brave, as he navigates through some spooky woods.  Can you provide it for us here, for those who haven't been delighted by it yet?

I love the way Cody lights up all our scary places so we don't have to be afraid.:-*
When you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning - Catherine Aird

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 06:16 AM »
thanks for all the positive comments.

momonan, you have touched upon a delicate subject about the previous halloween image as it's something i was never really fond of.

but as it is you that makes the request i will upload it. i think it will also provide a good demonstration of how far Cody has progressed in style over the past 12 months.

Notice how the new version is really just and updated version of the 2006 scene with many of the same elements - but with more care and attention paid to them.

Halloween 2006
Cody-Halloween-2006-preview.jpg

fullsize version of image: * Cody-Halloween-2006.jpg (184.39 kB. 1600x1200 - viewed 647 times.)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 07:39 AM »
WOW! That's a huge change! And all for the better! The new ones are simply spectacular. Already saw the first one, but I really like the second one too - is that Von Cody? :)

Is that Illustrator and Photoshop, or Lightwave or another 3D package?
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Ralf Maximus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 07:44 AM »
Holy smokes, these are cool.  Little Miss Maximus will be quite thrilled.  :-)

My favorite is Reboot, for this simple bit of detail:

Brain Goes Here.jpg

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 08:11 AM »
many thanks. i'm really thrilled that people are picking up on different details within the pictures.

as for the software used to create them. i force myself to use Adobe Illustrator and nothing else. This makes certain parts of the images very cumbersome to produce, things like shading and blurs would probably be better done in Photoshop but it wouldn't be as challenging for me to do that way. i deliberately set myself the challenge to only use Adobe Illustrator - using a combination of programs would have been quicker but it would have felt like cheating. okay, i cheated at bit at the end to produce the different size wallpapers as it was taking quite a long time to rasterize the final images in Illustrator.

i'll be posting a few tutorials on wtfcody.com on the different techniques used to create the pictures. i think one or two will be surprising methods even to veteran Illustrator users.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 08:31 AM »
and the BOOK:

Beginner's
Bird Brain
Transplants

:) :)
Tom

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 09:16 AM »
Awesome! We dont have Halloween in denmark but I think I understand the basic idea of it.
And is frankencody the forefather of cyborg cody?
Stop mousering people so much - Mouser

Ralf Maximus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 09:52 AM »
Awesome! We dont have Halloween in denmark but I think I understand the basic idea of it.

In America, Halloween is a fun holiday where kids dress up as spooks or their favorite Disney character, then go door-to-door to the neighbors' houses where they bang on the door, announce "Trick or Treat!" and are rewarded with candy.  Some neighbors instead offer small bible tracts denouncing "Satan's Holiday" or toothbrushes, if they're a dentist.

In modern times -- when it's been decreed children aren't safe anywhere but in the living room -- kids are driven from house-to-house in the family minivan or Suburban.  Anxious parents watch from steamed-up car windows to make sure their offspring survive the neighborly encounter.

Afterwards, comes a trip to the local hospital where volunteers offer free x-ray testing of gathered snacks, to detect toothbrushes before they are consumed.

Observance of Halloween -- and all other holidays -- is strictly forbidden in school (in Georgia, anyway).  Students may not wear costumes, hassle teachers for "treats", invoke demons, or even discuss the subject with peers.  This is a sad result of politically correct awareness, because some kids come from strict god fearin' families where ghosts and witches are not on the spiritual radar.

In my day, the parents would offer no more protection than a sweater ("Mooom, Spiderman does NOT wear a sweater!") shove us out the door at twilight, with instructions to return when our treat bags were full.  Upon our triumphant return, said parents would then go through our goodies to ensure the safety of the harvest.  Suspiciously, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Mounds bars were the first to be confiscated in the name of homeland security.

Then we'd binge on sugar and watch about three hours of televised Halloween specials featuring the Charlie Brown special, sponsored by Dolly Madison (who had the creepiest/coolest commercials, shown only once a year).  At midnight I would watch out my window to make sure the gates to Hell really hadn't opened (this year) before falling into a restless sugar-induced coma.

And that's Halloween in America!

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 10:26 AM »
And that's Halloween in America!
;D ;D ;D

Loved the story!
Thanks a lot :D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 11:11 AM »
The Cody screensaver needs to be updated with these new images.

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 12:08 PM »
So what's this 'Halloween' thing you're talking about? ;)

I LOVE them! :-*, especially the 'reboot' one. Best Cody wallpaper ever! :Thmbsup:. So let's get the HD versions, Wallpaper Master will take care of them :D

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 12:47 PM »
Thanks for the description Ralf. Sadly, most of my knowledge of Halloween can be attributed to John Carpenter's 1978 cult classic. ;D

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 01:59 PM »
Hooray! I was just thinking of changing my wallpaper yesterday and here they are!

No one else has pointed out yet that some of the old wallpapers are rolled up/taped to the wall in the Reboot image.

Oh, and I didn't notice from the screenshot the tablecloth fraying in the Crystal Ball picture. Nice job! I love these!

Somehow I missed the 2006 version. Good to see it and compare the difference! That's awesome!

It'd be awesome to see the Reboot Diorama done up in 3D by a skilled modeler. :-*

[edit]Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, who lived to be 202?[/edit]

Afterwards, comes a trip to the local hospital where volunteers offer free x-ray testing of gathered snacks, to detect toothbrushes before they are consumed.

You sure you didn't mean razor blades or other sharp objects? At least that's the Halloween spooky story...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:31 AM by Deozaan, Reason: Just noticed (years after the fact) that my math on the headstone was wrong. Oops! »

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 06:34 PM »

Some neighbors instead offer small bible tracts denouncing "Satan's Holiday" or toothbrushes, if they're a dentist.

Sigh...

Just goes to show how terribly ignorant a lot of people are... Halloween is very far from being a Satanic holiday.

The truth of the matter is that both Jesus and Buddha are very cool because get holidays on their birthdays. Satan just sucks @$$ because there are no holidays for him. WHEN will people figure this out? ;)

<tongueincheek>I wonder if it would be worthwhile creating a holiday for Satan so that the religious freaks would have a legitimate reason to complain without looking like ignorant hicks. </tongueincheek>

Observance of Halloween -- and all other holidays -- is strictly forbidden in school (in Georgia, anyway).  Students may not wear costumes, hassle teachers for "treats", invoke demons, or even discuss the subject with peers.  This is a sad result of politically correct awareness, because some kids come from strict god fearin' families where ghosts and witches are not on the spiritual radar.

Hey! Watch it there Ralf! You've got freedom of religion in the US, but nobody EVER said anything about freedom of DRESS CODE! Kids with costumes in schools should be expelled! Shame on them! ;)

I've got a few quick Halloween fun facts here at the bottom of the page and a bit about the history of Halloween here at the bottom. The wikipedia entry goes into a lot of detail.

Edit: Corrected typo.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 12:42 AM »
Holy crap, Nudone — these are fantastic!!

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 01:59 AM »
these are super-cool, Nudone! i remember seeing Renegade's similar-themed wallpapers.. ok, found it..

Happy Halloween! New Halloween Desktop Wallpapers from ALTools

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 02:47 AM »
thanks again for the compliments.

i'm pleased to see that Deozaan has been scrutinizing the pictures - especially the frayed part of the table cloth. i really don't know who is buried under the headstone in the image - possibly one of Cody's relatives but whoever it was they lived to be 200, not 100, so they must have been somebody pretty odd/special.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 06:45 AM »
Nudone fantastic job!
I've already shown these to all my friends and everyone loves them!!

Some questions about "reboot":
- is that a snake coming in from the door?
- where did cody find that giant bird? is he like his big brother that suffers from Gigantism?

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 07:35 AM »
thank you, jgpaiva.

yes, that is Cody's Uncle's pet snake going throug the door. as for 'frankencody', i'm not sure what the story is behind that. it might be related to the scene in the crystal ball - maybe it all takes place in the castle. but as mentioned already, i wouldn't be surprised if it is all funded by Cody's uncle.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 04:54 PM »
I don't know how I missed this on Wednesday. Nick, you've outdone yourself. I would say I'm speechless but all I am is reduced to babbling (witness this note). Stunning!

:Thmbsup: :-*

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 02:18 AM »
thanks, Darwin.