ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NEW Cody wallpapers for Halloween

<< < (3/8) > >>

p3lb0x:
Awesome! We dont have Halloween in denmark but I think I understand the basic idea of it.
And is frankencody the forefather of cyborg cody?

Ralf Maximus:
Awesome! We dont have Halloween in denmark but I think I understand the basic idea of it.
-p3lb0x (October 31, 2007, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

In America, Halloween is a fun holiday where kids dress up as spooks or their favorite Disney character, then go door-to-door to the neighbors' houses where they bang on the door, announce "Trick or Treat!" and are rewarded with candy.  Some neighbors instead offer small bible tracts denouncing "Satan's Holiday" or toothbrushes, if they're a dentist.

In modern times -- when it's been decreed children aren't safe anywhere but in the living room -- kids are driven from house-to-house in the family minivan or Suburban.  Anxious parents watch from steamed-up car windows to make sure their offspring survive the neighborly encounter.

Afterwards, comes a trip to the local hospital where volunteers offer free x-ray testing of gathered snacks, to detect toothbrushes before they are consumed.

Observance of Halloween -- and all other holidays -- is strictly forbidden in school (in Georgia, anyway).  Students may not wear costumes, hassle teachers for "treats", invoke demons, or even discuss the subject with peers.  This is a sad result of politically correct awareness, because some kids come from strict god fearin' families where ghosts and witches are not on the spiritual radar.

In my day, the parents would offer no more protection than a sweater ("Mooom, Spiderman does NOT wear a sweater!") shove us out the door at twilight, with instructions to return when our treat bags were full.  Upon our triumphant return, said parents would then go through our goodies to ensure the safety of the harvest.  Suspiciously, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Mounds bars were the first to be confiscated in the name of homeland security.

Then we'd binge on sugar and watch about three hours of televised Halloween specials featuring the Charlie Brown special, sponsored by Dolly Madison (who had the creepiest/coolest commercials, shown only once a year).  At midnight I would watch out my window to make sure the gates to Hell really hadn't opened (this year) before falling into a restless sugar-induced coma.

And that's Halloween in America!

jgpaiva:
And that's Halloween in America!
-Ralf Maximus (October 31, 2007, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D

Loved the story!
Thanks a lot :D

mouser:
The Cody screensaver needs to be updated with these new images.

Lashiec:
So what's this 'Halloween' thing you're talking about? ;)

I LOVE them! :-*, especially the 'reboot' one. Best Cody wallpaper ever! :Thmbsup:. So let's get the HD versions, Wallpaper Master will take care of them :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version