topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:43 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Need a free survey site  (Read 13181 times)

Laughing Man

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • V for Viktor
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Need a free survey site
« on: October 29, 2007, 10:08 PM »
For my english project I am working on a qualitative study regarding videogame violence and people's cognitions and behavior on it. Because this study has to be done in a month it has to be something quick (like an online survey). At the moment I like surveymonkey but the 10 question limitation is going hurt. I need a free survey site, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Hi from the a*** end of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Need a free survey site
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 11:57 PM »
without knowing all your needs its not possible to recommend a free survey. You ought do a google search on "free online surveys" and look at the offerings from the many returns that are listed.
Here is one I selected at random: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 07:40 AM »
If you have your own website, you can use Unit Command Climate Assessment and Survey System (UCCASS).

The Unit Command Climate Assessment and Survey System (UCCASS) (pronounced yoo-kas) is a PHP based survey script that allows you to create online surveys. Originally designed for organizations to administer Command Climate Assessments (annual surveys), the program can be used to create any type of online survey or questionnaire.

There have a demo site.

Laughing Man

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • V for Viktor
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Ah yes it'd probably help to specify more. Well the survey will have questions that people can answer on a scale from 0-10 (or 0-5). Then there's some open response questions so there needs to be input forms.

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 10:29 PM »
I did a blog post recently:
http://www.veign.com...to-your-website.html

LimeSurvey is easy to setup on a server and powerful in how questions can be structured.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 06:17 PM »
Resurrecting an old thread to mention that I just used SurveyMonkey to make a small survey for a handful of people.

It was easy to sign up, create a  survey, send it out, look at results. The whole process could not have been smoother.

As stated by original poster, there is a 10 question (and 100 responder) limit for the free version (other plans are available but start at $26/month, ouch) -- and it looks like the free version is still going strong after 7 years.

So if you have a little survey with < 10 questions, I can heartily recommend SurveyMonkey.

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 05:25 AM »
I have used this one in the past, it can do more than 10 questions.  esurveyspro

now Google Forms can do surveys.

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 04:54 PM »
SurveyGizmo and Qualtrics are the preferred tools for web surveys among many research professionals.  I've never used either myself.

SurveyGizmo has a free plan which is limited to 50 responses per month. I don't know if it has any limits on questions. They have a single user plan for $15/month and also offer a 14 day free trial.

One complaint about Qualtrics among researchers is that it is expensive,  but many university systems have licenses that allow people there to use the program for free, so you might check on that.