ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

You MUST See the Price for this Software

(1/4) > >>

Renegade:
OK - ready... CLICK!

So... How's the price? :D

Josh:
That is a great way to sell a product. I wonder if such a policy would work for most smaller software companies. One product which comes to mind is roboform, of which I own 2 pro licenses, 1 pro portable license, and a freshly acquired pro palm license.

justice:
Just repackaged donationware then for the cynical minded? ;)

Actually it's similar to the radiohead album pricing. I guess the main problem with these things is, I've got no idea how much it is worth. If something is priced $20 dollars and I think it's worth its money than I'm a happy customer. If it's priced $120 for the same thing I'm unhappy. But if it's not priced then the price i pay is actually determined by the other factors in my life, how do you prioritize this purchase if you can't determine how valuable it is? I mean i'd want to give the developer a fair price for his goods but because there's always other factors and he would be happy with any amount? Becauese he mentions 'some people would pay $200-300' it's a bit of a guide price so I appreciate that as an indication of the quality of the product.

No person pays 'whatever they'd think it's worth' for software products because their value becomes apparent over time, after unlocking, using, refining and working with the software for a length of time. It's like shareware without trial. It confuses me, even though the reasons for being confused maybe are hypocritical.

Ralf Maximus:
It's quite brilliant.  I wonder how it's working for them?

justice:
Brave thing to do though as a developer I have to say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version