ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Archive Tool

More Archive Reviews?

(1/2) > >>

zridling:
Of course! Check out what Smart Computing offers on the topic. In my ignorance, it claims PentaZIP is "popular."

Should I be embarrassed that I've never heard of PentaZIP? :huh:

zridling:
PS: Sorry I've been absent from the forum, but I've been out of town on personal business and working on moving by year's end.

mouser:
good to see you zaine - we know you are busy moving but don't forget about us, we miss you!

Carol Haynes:
Should I be embarrassed that I've never heard of PentaZIP? :huh:
-zridling (September 30, 2005, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Of course you should  :o (welcome back)

Having said that who would pay $100 for a zip utility ???

Not surprising no one has heard of it at that price ...

Darwin:
The $100 isn't for a zip utility, per se - PentaWare (www.pentazip.com ) has rolled its archiving app, PentaZip into a File/Multi-Media Management app (i.e. a Windows Explorer replacement). PentaZip stand-alone is still available at around the $40 mark... Haven't used it but trialed PentaSuite a couple of releases ago. It didn't last long, though I have no firm recollection as to why. Well, ok, hazarding a guess, it likely had a lot to do with its price and the fact that I was already smitten with Directory Opus 6 (www.gpsoft.com.au)...

Having said the above, like Zaine, I was surprised to read several discussions of PentaSuite (PCMag comes to mind) that started with something about the purveyors 'of a "well-known archive app" now offering a File Management solution', given that I had NEVER heard of PentaZip before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version