ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Postcards from DC members

(1/5) > >>

Veign:
Just wondering how feasible it would be to have a 'show us your city/town' area where DC members can send in postcards that shows what makes their little neck of the woods unique.  These postcards can then be scanned into to a single location where people can view them through DC.

Kind of like PostSecret but without the secret:
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

Just a thought for something to do during mousers hiatus.

cranioscopical:
Good idea.

How about specifying a format so that images could be uploaded somewhere?  Too much bandwidth use?

Veign:
I mean real postcards that would be sent to a snail mail address.

I did this with making some of my software postcardware.  Very interesting some of the postcards I received.

Lashiec:
A different take on your idea. How about photos showing us how is the city where DCers live? I mean, like some of the photos that some members posted in the introduction thread. I'm throwing up this idea, because postcards always miss the most beautiful parts in every area, as they opt for the usual 'famous' place (this is something I notice while I walk around my town). I suppose someone can set up a Flickr account with public photos. Or a DC group in Flickr.

The ideal would be a mix of the two :)

Darwin:
Great idea, Veign. I think, though, that you might want to reconsider the snail mail route - there are 91,000 members - if only 1% of us send a postcard in you'll be scanning them for a long, long time - even if you do them in batches of four! Better, I think, to let each of us scan a postcard and e-mail it, no?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version