ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Evidence Eliminator - What has your experience been?

<< < (3/4) > >>

SKA:
>So my question is, does it really work? <

Evidence Eliminator studied in Depth here :

http://www.radsoft.net/news/20060808,00.shtml

http://www.radsoft.net/resources/rants/20060509,00.shtml

In short MaceAnton , you've been had.

SKA

mouser:
Wow that is an nice find SKA, the second link in particular is a real eye opener.

f0dder:
radsoft.net... ho humm. Claiming that 740 registry entries will grind win9x to a halt and saying that no professionals use Visual Basic is enough to lower the site's credibility a lot. I don't doubt what it says about EE affiliate scheme and shoddy coding, but radsoft.net is just about as sensationalist bullshit as grc.com...

Lashiec:
* Lashiec wants the Advanced Bullshit Wizard ;D
Ha! I didn't know the forum software accepted IRC commands :D

Renegade:
radsoft.net... ho humm. Claiming that 740 registry entries will grind win9x to a halt and saying that no professionals use Visual Basic is enough to lower the site's credibility a lot. I don't doubt what it says about EE affiliate scheme and shoddy coding, but radsoft.net is just about as sensationalist bullshit as grc.com...

-f0dder (October 29, 2007, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Amen, amen and amen! I'm so totally 100% on board there.

There are a ton of very good applications written in VB by some very good developers. That's just showing that he's one of the religious crowd. I believe that discussion is here.

I don't know why I keep listening to the Security Now podcast... Steve contradicts himself constantly and blathers on about trivialities while skipping things that are actually worthwhile or interesting. Maybe I just derive some sick pleasure from hearing Steve say one thing, then turn around and say the opposite. His latest contradiction in this week's Security Now is how he's solved security once and for all with perfect paper passwords... All the while chanting about 'perfect knowledge on the part of the attacker.' Geez... Perfect knowledge except for this part...

I think this is just part-in-parcel of the security industry - it's just full of bullshit. There's no such thing as 'anti-virus' software. There's no such thing as 'anti-spyware' software. But there is such a thing as 'scareware'. Because that's 99% of their tactics - confuse people and scare them into buying their snakeoil. Ok - it's not all snakeoil, but a lot of it is and even the legit stuff is often marketed in the most sleazy of ways with half-truths and fear playing the lead roles.

Grrr... Ok - this is a pet peeve of mine and really gets my blood boiling. Time to shutup & stop ranting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version