ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Coders' Watches

<< < (5/6) > >>

Edvard:
Real watch geeks should go here as well...

http://watchismo.blogspot.com/

housetier:
My cell phone has a clock, so I don't wear one on my wrist. I haven't worn one for over ten years. These days, whereever I go I have a clock in sight (I live in Berlin, not in the country :D ).

Now if there was a watch with PDA and phone thingie and whatnot -just like in The Spirits Within- then I would surely be tempted :)

Darwin:
Man... I feel absolutely NAKED without a watch on my wrist (and if I forget to throw on a belt when I am wearing my shirt tucked in with pants (sorry for those of you smirking in Europe: trousers) I come unglued!).

app103:
I have a $40 (most I ever paid for a watch) timex digital thing somewhere with a super strong hand crocheted cotton band. I lived in it till the battery died, making a new band for it about once every 6 months.

Haven't got around to replacing the battery so I am currently using a keychain pocket watch attached to one of those mountain climber hooks, that I can't seem to properly photograph without an incredible amount of glare that makes it impossible to see the face.

There is nothing amazing or geeky about either watch, unless you stop to consider that crocheting is a lot like coding in asm.  :)

I own a lot of crazy looking watches, most with dead batteries. I never bother to replace batteries in a watch unless I really like it. I kind of miss my timex, so maybe I'll try to figure out where I put it and get a new battery for it soon.

I am another one that is the type to wear a watch 24/7...taking it off only to shower, clean the watch, or make a new band for it...and yes, I wear it even during...ummm...romantic moments. (It's not that much different than wearing one of those cotton sailor's knot bracelets that shrink to fit your wrist and is impossible to remove unless you cut it.)

Ralf Maximus:
How on earth do you fasten a crocheted band?  Or does it slip over your wrist?

Pix pls k thx.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version