ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for finance app

<< < (11/14) > >>

superboyac:
THanks momonan for the details.  I'll have to take a look at Quicken pretty soon.

Let me say one thing, there's no way in hell I'm going to enter each transaction manually like you do, I would lose my mind!  Hopefully, I can import my account statements into Quicken without any problems.

mouser:
by the way - quicken works wonderfullly with paypal - paypal will export all transaction history to quicken format.  extremely convenient for those who use paypal alot.

pro3carp3:
I've used quicken for many years and must say that it is a great product.  There are a few negatives, such as hiding the built-in categories that I don't use.  You can, by the way, search for transactions with a blank category by entering a space.

Classes add an additional dimension to categories.  I don't use them myself as I have no need, but it would be simple to set up classes for home and business and easily be able to separate the two on reports and so on.

superboyac:
Momonan, I've been fiddling with Quicken, and I think I like it better than Money.  It seems like it's a little easier to get the job done with Quicken.  Money looks more polished and "web"-ish than Quicken, but I could care less about that stuff.    :up:

tinjaw:
I'd like to revisit this thread. I have used Quicken and MS Money in the past. I still have a copy of MS Money 2005. I haven't used either for over a year. I want to start the new year off right.

I don't want to use Quicken or Money because the number one aggravation I had was that the software did 1,001 things and I only wanted to use 10 of them. I had to put up with all these fricken menu items and tabs and wizards and crap. I found it aggravating and I already have enough to be aggravated about when it comes to money.

So what I am looking for is the following:

Free or under $10.
Standard checking register
Standard passbook savings
import/download transactions from my bank's website
Basic/Simple budgeting

That's it. No stocks and bonds. No loan wizards. No savings wizard telling me I should start saving $153.21 dollars a month for a $100,000.00 mortgage at3.14% every time I just want to check my balance. Arrrrrrrgh! I want notepad, not M$ Wurd 2020 Deluxe Super Extreme Special Edition (even if it is free).

I think you get the point. Any suggestions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version