ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for finance app

<< < (9/14) > >>

masu:
Do you need to buy a new version of Quicken each year?

momonan:
Absolutely not.  I do, just because I love it so much and want to see what improvements they have added (mostly better interface with the web, internet banking, etc).  I use the business pro version, so I can track vehicle mileage, etc., but it is totally unnecessary for most uses.  You can use it for checking, savings, credit cards, mortgage, budgeting, savings goals, investments, tracking expenses (and income) by categories, scheduling recurring payments to you don't miss them, etc.

Maybe there's something free that will do most of what you need, but I've never explored them because I have more than gotten my money's worth, in peace of mind, from Quicken.

If you do decide to go with Quicken, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have while you're setting it up.

urlwolf:
Would it be possible to have a discount for quicken? Or large companies like that systematically ignore donation coder's requests?

Josh:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Intuit_Quicken_Deluxe_2006_Full_Product,__10234201/qlty=o

There is the links for it, OEM Versions, meaning you wont get the box, just a cd, which is all you need and all I ever purchase.

moerl:
After using Quicken 2006 Deluxe for a while.. I find myself more and more confused as time goes by. It's a very powerful application and certainly an invaluable tool in the right thands.. I'm just afraid that mine aren't the right hands :/. What's the whole deal with categories vs. classes? In Quicken's help files classes are described as the latest way of organizing expenses and how they are much more flexible than categories.. and yet in the main UI of Quicken it's all categories! All over the place.. I see no easy way to work with collections. Quicken could really benefit from using something like Microsoft's ribbon.. the awesome feature from Office 2007. Why? Because Quicken's UI simply is too busy for my taste.. for example.. why should I have to look at the tax features on top all the time? The investment features? Those are things I NEVER use. It should all be context sensitive, a la ribbon :)

Anyway.. Quicken still is the most powerful and probably best money managing app out there, despite its shortcomings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version