ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for finance app

<< < (8/14) > >>

moerl:
great thread.

-mouser (October 30, 2005, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed, even though it got WAY off topic.
I still have Quicken installed but haven't touched it in quite a while. I should buy it, I suppose, because it seems autoupdates of banking data is not supported unless you've purchased a copy and have signed up with Quicken's online services.

moerl:
Last night I went ahead and bought Quicken 2006 Deluxe. I just found the feature I've been looking for all along... and it's blowing me away!! Quicken has a very powerful find&replace feature.. it lets you search for a certain payee through your entire list of transactions and then lets you edit any field you want (amount, cleared status, memo, date, category/class, check number, payee) IN ONE SINGLE STEP. That's precisely the feature I was looking for and I'm extremely happy I found it :). Now I can categorize my spendings with blazing speed. Without this feature you have to go through the entire list.. of possibly years of (in my case, just over one year), spending records.. assigning a category to each payee manually, ONE BY ONE. Just imagine that.. and that's what I've attempted to do a few times before, before I got frustrated and gave up.

This feature rocks! :) /me is loving Quicken. I also signed up with my bank for Quicken access online last night and today I can already access the account through Quicken's one-step update without any problems. It's rather amazing. I'm never seeing that online banking page again :D

skywalka:
Bump!

Does anybody know of a small application for budgeting purposes only?  My Australian banks don't seem to support interaction with finance programs.

I've tried MoneyDance which didn't even have an option to edit a budget.
AceMoney isn't too bad but the budget doesn't support durations of 29 days (the maximum period I can rollover credits with my prepaid mobile.
Microsoft Money was absolutely pathetic for budgeting.  It doesn't even support fortnightly periods.  You have to select "Twice a Month".  This means 24 periods a year instead of the more accurate 26!  I still can't believe it.

urlwolf:
hmm, I wonder if it's worth changing to nationwide just for the convenience of using money 2006...

momonan:
Quicken, Quicken, Quicken. :Thmbsup:  Quicken will support bi-weekly (or any other period) budgeting and much much more.  It is totally user-friendly and configurable.  Stay away from Microsoft money (it's a cheap imitation and, like other ms products, thinks it knows what you MUST want to do, even if it's way off the mark)> :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version