topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:06 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Exoskeletal  (Read 3788 times)

Ralf Maximus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Exoskeletal
« on: October 27, 2007, 05:41 PM »
Halloween draws ever nigher, its hot breath stinking of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Twix.  Try to hide, but it's no use: even the local grocery store has sprouted displays of ghosts & witches, all taunting you with hollow plastic eyes. 

So why should this place be any different?

I hereby offer a Halloween story for your amusement.  It's something I wrote back in 2001, an exercise in dissecting a dream and nailing it to paper, in the hopes it would give respite.  Alas, the dream lives yet, but now I also have this cursed story.  Perhaps by sharing it, the burden will be lessened...

I give you: EXOSKELETAL!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: Exoskeletal
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 06:09 PM »
There you are, traitor.  I can see you now.

hahahaha great line!  :up:

Ralf you might need to make a website and a blog so you can share more stories and stuff. I really enjoyed it.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 07:19 PM »
Ralf you might need to make a website and a blog so you can share more stories and stuff. I really enjoyed it.
I am sure there are some artists here that can create an illustration or few for the story. You could spread it out among a few pages and maybe reap some advertising $$$. Then blow it all on candy.

Ralf Maximus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 11:44 PM »
Heheh!  Thanks y'all.

The thought of setting up a web site or blog just fills me with "meh".  I like writing, I like coding, but somehow the whole webdesign thing eludes me... anything I do comes out looking like a 3rd grader's FaceBook page. 

I like coming here and posting my goofy little things since somebody else (mouser) does all the heavy lifting.  :-)

I've tried some blogging sites (stuck with Xanga the longest) but it requires more discipline than I have, frankly.  Maintaining a readership is work.  Plus there's a weird kind of sycophantic highschool vibe on bogging networks that bothers me... veryone expends effort trying to impress everyone else.  I see very little of that on DC, despite the fact there are some terrifyingly smart people around.

So I think I'll just stick with random drive-by postings here for a bit.