topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Wapache: Free tool makes a standalone windows application from your web service  (Read 10422 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Wapache is a software that lets you to create desktop applications using web development technology. It combines a modified version of the Apache 2 HTTP server with an embedded Internet Explorer web browser. Requests to the "web server" are handled internally. Data does not travel through the networking layer, ensuring quick response and reliable operation. Wapache also lets you control various browser settings, such as window dimensions and Javascript availability, giving you a consistent runtime environment.

See also a tutorial here: http://www.whenpengu...t-to-an-exefor-free/

from http://www.phpdeveloper.org

Ehtyar

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
No offense, but yuk. Just get apache, bind it to 127.0.0.1, make all paths relative and use portable firefox (with IETab if you like). Never had a problem.

Ehtyar.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
I think the point here is to help you create a standalone application that you could give to a client or a worker, so that they can use your tool like a standalone application without being overwhelmed.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Now that looks interesting. My brain is already sorting through possible uses. Thanks Mouser.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think the point here is to help you create a standalone application that you could give to a client or a worker, so that they can use your tool like a standalone application without being overwhelmed.

I don't get it. What's this for? It's like a standalone, offline, Web 2.0 app?

Ehtyar

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not certain of the point of it myself, but i obviously misconstrued the point, so i apologize for that.

Ehtyar.