topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: opera 9.5 beta out  (Read 17208 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: opera 9.5 beta out
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 01:16 AM »
For a great number of beta testers though, Kestrel is pretty rock solid (as it is for me, I use it full time). And as urlwolf will attest, a well placed bug report will do more to improve the software than moaning that alpha/beta software is buggy.

for me, its so buggy I went back to 9.24, not to say firefox
bugs appear when you open more than 40 tabs (which is common when you do research on the web), keyboard shortcuts don't work, opening of autocomplete takes ages, cursor doesn't become hand-shaped over links, etc

And as urlwolf will attest, a well placed bug report will do more to improve the software than moaning that alpha/beta software is buggy.

no moaning here, you misunderstood, just posting my experience
and I did and do alot more to improve the software, me have posted numerous bugs and suggestions
but I disagree alot with opera devs' tactic and orientation

I may some day post some videos to demonstrate the bugginess of the current betas

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: opera 9.5 beta out
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 01:36 AM »
And I thought it's just me. I too experience the issue of mouse cursor not changing into hand shape when it's on links some times. Also, when the keyboard shortcuts don't seem to be working, just minimize and maximize Opera. That will fix it instantly.

Version: 9.50 beta
Build: 9613
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>