ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: MP3 player with copy/move feature

(1/4) > >>

wetsmellydog:
When I am making compilation disks of my music to listen to in the car, sometimes I will play the songs before I copy them to make sure I like them or I am not tired of listening to it.

What I would like is a MP3 player with a button that would allow the user to move or copy the music being played to another directory.

The player just needs to play/skip/stop/copy/move MP3s. No other features needed.

Thanks!

jgpaiva:
There are quite a few file explorers that have the preview function, i think that'd be the perfect solution.
Here are 2 options: www.gpsoft.com or www.xyplorer.com
Sorry, both of those are payware (but if you don't have one of them, you should have anyways :P), but i'm sure there are free alternatives!

wetsmellydog:
What I want to do is select a bunch of mp3 songs. Listen to them and then sort them by being able to click a button to copy the song being played to another predefined directory.

jgpaiva:
Here's how that could be done with XYplorer:
You open 2 tabs, one with the initial folder and one with the folder where you'd like to move the songs. Then, open the preview tab and when you select one, it starts playing. If you'd like to have that on the other directory, drag and drop it to the other tab.

I bet there should bet some program out there that'd do this in less steps.

nosh:
Using Foobar2000 you can drag and drop songs to (another/several other) tabs - you can then select several/all songs under a tab and run a file operation like copy or move on them. Just to clarify, tabs are basically playlists and when you drag-drop a song it's replicated on the target playlist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version