ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows Install Date Thingie: I made it!

<< < (7/16) > >>

cranioscopical:
This is my backup machine.

nudone:
i was going to reinstall windows soon but after seeing you guys with 4 years of xp use i now think i'll just leave things as they are - 4 years is a good target to aim for - and better the devil you know and all that...

cranioscopical:
nudone:  i was going to reinstall windows soon but after seeing you guys with 4 years of xp use i now think i'll just leave things as they are
--- End quote ---
[/b]

I agree with your point of view.  You know, I'm really very pleased with XP.  I've had tons of stuff on and off the machines (like many of us here).  Very stable, very few problems.  Mind you, I'm only a user, not a developer.

I know I'll be using Vista one day but it won't be soon (did you see the nonsense where it doesn't want to install to a machine with > 3Gb RAM?) 
XP was the first Windows release of which I wasn't an early adopter and I'm very glad that I waited.  I intend doing the same with Vista.

ljbirns:
My date is  11/12/2004    but it says   alive 3 yrs  11 months  6 hrs 55 min 29 secs

BUT  from 11/12/2004 to 10/28/2007  should be   2 years, 11 months, 16 days

Is it me ?

Lew

Darwin:
I feel much the same way, Chris. I skipped Windows 95 but was an early adopter of 98 and 98 SE before moving to Win2k. I resisted XP for two years before upgrading but it has been a very reliable OS (as, in fairness has Win2k). I've no doubt that after Vista Sp-1 ships it will be fine, but I'm in no rush to move up to it just yet!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version