ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Do this First.

<< < (7/10) > >>

JennyB:

I suggest you do this:

* buy and read Getting Things Done (see amazon.com)
* do NOT check emails and feeds first thing in the morning/when you turn on the PC
* disable "check emails every x minutes" and other tools that frequently show you your new emails
Yes, it's not totally easy to get used to the changes, and yes, you'll get a lot done.

-brotherS (December 10, 2007, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know, I know, the spirit is willing but the flesh...  :-[

Ralf Maximus:
I know!  We'll change the program to extract a pound of flesh everytime you miss a deadline!

:-)

BigJim:
I guess I'll have to make a return visit to the Yucatan. Examples show day and month two ways. Could it have to do with my display properties for date and time?

Ralf Maximus:
I guess I'll have to make a return visit to the Yucatan. Examples show day and month two ways. Could it have to do with my display properties for date and time?
-BigJim (December 10, 2007, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah!  It's misinterpreting the month/day, since I am a silly American programmer and I bet you're using the European convention.  If you spell out the date (e.g. "5 Jan 2008") I think it'll work.

(I mean, your regional settings are configured that way and Windows is "helping me" by interpreting the date, and I'm re-interpreting the interpretation.)

Looks like the time is being handled properly (finally!)

To fix the month/date swappage, I'll have to intervene in the "standard" date interpretation code and hack something together.  Stay tuned...

BigJim:
As a silly American user having lived Europe for a long time and interacting with many there still, I have found that the only way to alley confusion on the touchy subject of dates is the format ddMMMyy or ddMMMyyy (or similar) all because of what we're wrestling with right now. This is also the only method which satisfies my deep seeded need to deal with orders of magnitude. (OCD's rule!!)

Here's the latest evidence:

Your patience is laudable! Or is it OCD? That's probably a programmer's requisite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version