ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Task switcher with ordering of tasks mirroring that of taskbar

(1/1)

boffo123:
I have my taskbar locked and always visible, with grouping of similar taskbar buttons disabled. I use the taskbar as a persistent visual reference of the tasks I have open. It would be nice if I could have ALT+TAB and ALT+SHIFT+TAB substitutes (such as WIN+TAB and WIN+SHIFT+TAB) that would cycle through tasks in the same order as they appear on the taskbar. I would not want it to replace the existing ALT+TAB functionality though, since I would still use that to quickly alternate between any two tasks.

What would make it even better is if, while cycling through each task, the corresponding button in the taskbar were highlighted in some way.

Any chance of this happening?

Thanks!

boffo123:
I just discovered that, coincidentally, WIN+TAB and WIN+SHIFT+TAB already do part of what I was asking for. :-[ It does cycle through the taskbar buttons in the order they appear. However, there are two problems (for me) with the way it works:

1/ When you release WIN+TAB, it does not automatically restore the window of the selected button.

2/ Every time you press WIN+TAB to begin cycling, it always starts at the same button. I would like the first WIN+TAB to begin with the task button immediately to the right of the currently selected button (if any). Similarly, WIN+SHIFT+TAB should begin with the task button immediately to the left.

Anyone care to address these?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version