ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Bug: Ctrl C doesn't work (for me)

(1/1)

dluby:
Hi,

I've reported this before and I'm curious to know if it happens for others.

I keep copies of my screen captures in SC (ver. 2.37.03). If I highlight an older screenshot in the screenshot panel it appears highlighted (selected) on the main screen, but if I use Ctrl C to copy it, nothing happens.

However, if I reselect the image or press Ctrl A and then Ctrl C, it copies fine.

Am I using this wrong or is it a bug?

Tks

Damian

mouser:
Here's what i think is happening:

You are selecting an older screenshot in the thumbnail panel, and then when you hit ctrl+C it is performing an explorer-style FILE copy, since that panel works just like an explorer window.

So it is copying, just not copying image data to the clipboard, but rather copying the file to the clipboard.  To test, go to windows explorer and hit ctrl+V to paste the new file copy.

What is the solution?  I could add another hotkey that copied the image data in this case. or you could keep doing what you are doing in first selecting all.

dluby:
Hi Mouser,

Yep, that's it when I do Ctrl V in Explorer it pastes the image into the folder as a PNG file (nice feature that).  If you could, I'd like a different shortcut to paste it into the clipboard.

Tks

Damian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version