topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Surfulater V2.30, Build 10.0 Released  (Read 7754 times)

nevf

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Clibu, accessible knowledge
    • Donate to Member
Surfulater V2.30, Build 10.0 Released
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:35 PM »
Inforrmation on the latest Surfulater release for folks here at DC using Surfulater or interested in it.

The important new features in this release are the ability to link from Documents in other Applications to Surfulater Articles, as well as being able to link between articles in different Knowledge Bases. Cut/Copy & Paste usage has been enhanced and related issues from the last release fixed.

External links work with a variety of applications including MS Word and Zoot and enable you to access any Surfulater article directly from these applications.

’See Also’ links now work across Knowledge Bases as well as within a KB. This enables you to link an article in one KB to an article in another KB and vice-versa. Simply use the same procedure you use now. ie. “Copy” the source article in one KB and use “Past as reciprocal ‘See also’ links” in the other KB.

Edit|Copy, Edit|Cut and the Copy & Cut toolbar buttons now work on records selected in the tree or on content selected in the content window, depending on which window has focus. The menu and toolbar tips reflect the operation to be performed and some feedback is displayed on the status bar.

When you right click on an image and no content is selected, the context menu now includes Copy Image and Cut Image, with the latter only available in edit mode. These enable you to Cut/Copy images to the clipboard without having to select them.

The previous release V2.20.0.0 included a major update to the way content editing is handled, allowing all article fields to be edited at once.

For more details on the latest of our ongoing stream of releases see the What's New section of my blog.
Neville Franks, Clibu a better way to collect, use, manage and share information across all devices.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Surfulater V2.30, Build 10.0 Released
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:04 PM »
hi nevf!
glad to see surfulater going strong!

(ps. moving this to the announce your software section)

nevf

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 07:54 PM »
hi nevf!
glad to see surfulater going strong!

(ps. moving this to the announce your software section)

Thanks mouser. I keep whittling away at the seemingly endless list of new features and enhancements that I and my users want to see in Surfulater. As they say, it just keeps getting better and better.

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. Didn't know this one existed!
Neville Franks, Clibu a better way to collect, use, manage and share information across all devices.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 07:57 PM »
It's always a close call about where to put program announcements.. Since surfulater is such a good program and has been talked about on DC before and many people here should already know about it, this is probably the right section for it (i.e. it's not a "new discovery in the wild" as one might say).

Hopefully we can do another discount for surfulater in the very near future -- I know DC members would like that.

nevf

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 08:01 PM »
Hopefully we can do another discount for surfulater in the very near future -- I know DC members would like that.

As you know I'm just waiting for you to say when. ;)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 04:49 PM »
I just noticed on http://www.surfulater.com that SUL's price is going up sometime this month (to $59)... maybe whatever DC discount might be in the works can happen before the increase?