topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A couple of small requests  (Read 4418 times)

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
A couple of small requests
« on: October 24, 2007, 06:43 AM »
On the right-click context menu of the tray icon, I'd love a "Explore at screenshot directory", that does exactly the same thing as the same item in the file menu.

If possible, without too much horrible COM hell, it would also be nice to have a "explorer file-cut last screenshot", so I could open explorer and simply ctrl+v paste the file... but that feature isn't as important, and probably hellish to code.
- carpe noctem

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: A couple of small requests
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 11:14 PM »
sure i can add Explore at screenshot directory..

as for #2, i can look into it, but you know you can already just copy the IMAGE to the clipboard and then ctrl+V in explorer to have it create Clipboard Image.bmp in the directory.  Not as good as creating a copy of the png, but if that's sufficient there it is.  can you tell us why on earth you would use this feature?

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
Re: A couple of small requests
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 05:56 AM »
as for #2, i can look into it, but you know you can already just copy the IMAGE to the clipboard and then ctrl+V in explorer to have it create Clipboard Image.bmp in the directory.  Not as good as creating a copy of the png, but if that's sufficient there it is.  can you tell us why on earth you would use this feature?
Plain laziness - useful if I have "\\server\web\images" open in my explorer already... but "explore at screenshots" would be fine enough, and would spare you from COM hell :)
- carpe noctem