ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Thinking about a DonationCoder.com fundraising thing and a celebration..

<< < (11/11)

mouser:
i thought of another possible real benefit of ads (again remember they would only normally be shown to non-members), which is that as more authors join the site, any ad revenue on their pages can go directly to them, so this could potentially offer a way to share some revenue more easily with other coders.  same thing with reviewers - im quite willing to have any ad revenue from review pages go to the reviewer - and this could really be a nice way to suplement any donations that a reviewer would be likely to get.  this could be a really nice thing actually.

zridling:
Mouser, also on top of Google ads, consider adding the occasional random donation post like they do over at Crooks and Liars (keep scrolling down the page there until you see a link). It seems unobtrusive and they even carry a simple "Make a Donation" button that's cool.

mouser:
i don't see it, could you explain what exactly you are talking about?

ps.
i have been writing some nice flexible php code to handle the display of any ads, so it will be very easy to occasionally show our own custom images instead of ads sometimes.

i was actually thinking we should pick out our favorite freewares and freeware sites that don't get the attention they deserve and make some of our own "ads" for them to be added randomly to the mix.

brotherS:
adding the occasional random donation post like they do over at Crooks and Liars (keep scrolling down the page there until you see a link).
-zridling (October 14, 2005, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's a good idea!

Thinking about a DonationCoder.com fundraising thing and a celebration..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version