ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (127/146) > >>

mouser:
New official release:

Version 2.223.01 - Apr 28, 2015

* [Feature] A new "Quick Search Words" tab in options allows you to specify quick search word replacements; here you can quickly specify words that have alternate meanings when typed into the search box.  Start each line with a search word, followed by = and then the replacement text.  For example, if you would like to be able to type "ff" to search for "firefox" you can specify that here as "ff = firefox".  This just makes it much easier to do certain simple things without using aliases.  Note that replacements will only be made on word boundaries ("ff" will not match "eff").
* [Feature] On History Options you can now choose to have FARR automatically add all applications that you launch outside of FARR (that have foreground windows), automatically added to FARR launch history; this makes them visible in main window on display, and makes them faster to find.
* [Feature] New option to require search words to match on left hand boundaries of words (whether contiguous enabled or not) -- can be useful in reducing spurious matches.
* [Feature] Added field where you can test how FARR will resolve a path with environment or other special % replacements, on Tweaks and Debugging tab.
* [Change] If only one result is being shown in directory browsing mode, FARR won't autoswitch into small report display mode; this is nicer to look at when using an absolute path to a file and makes clearer when there is a unique result in directory browsing mode, and makes it more convenient to use the Quick Search Words to specify an explicit file path.
* [Bugfix] Non-contiguous scoring had a bug which might allow some results to list which should not (though it would give them a very low score).
* [Bugfix] Using spacebar to toggle checkboxes in the hotkey, searchfolder, pattern lists was not saving changes.
* [Bugfix] Launched *folders* were no longer opening on Windows XP.
* [Bugfix] Using Ctrl+# or Ctrl+Enter to launch apps should keep FARR window open AND focused, regardless of FARR window behavior configured on Window options tab.
* [Bugfix] Some users on Windows 8 were not seeing large icons in results.

wut?!:
Oh man, I really like the new foreground apps feature. I tested it out on a couple .exes that didn't show up before and sure enough, they started popping up in FARR. Nice one!  :Thmbsup:

IainB:
Thanks, using FARR v2.223.01 on Win8.1-64 PRO.
All OK, except the font size in the Options panel is still almost too small to read properly.
Not a showstopper - I've been putting up with that and can continue to do so.

By the way, I'm not sure whether I mentioned this, I have been playing about with the Quick Search Words, which seems to work quite well with strings like these that I have tried:

* ff=Firefox.exe (to bring up the FF browser link file)
* ie=C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (to bring up the IE browser .exe path)
* is8=C:\Program Files (x86)\Info Select\Info Select (IB databases).lnk (to bring up the IS8 link file)
* $a=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=%s (to search Amazon for the string typed in)
* $imdb1=http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=%s (to search IMDB for the string typed in)
The latter two are copies of two of my search bookmarks and are a sort of alternative to using Aliases.
I'm still experimenting with the QSW and freely admit I don't have a clue what I am doing.

Nod5:
Also confirming that large icons now work in Win 8.1 with v 223.01 with and without font overrides.  :Thmbsup:

I still have the issue where aliases that run things with parameters doesn't work in Win8.1 (works in Win 7). Example:

--- ---test | "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" https://google.com/
I've tried it with different applications. If I plug the same application path and parameter into the win+R run box it works.
phitsc, IanB could you check if you also have that issue with aliases in Win 8?

phitsc:
Thanks, using FARR v2.223.01 on Win8.1-64 PRO.
All OK, except the font size in the Options panel is still almost too small to read properly.
Not a showstopper - I've been putting up with that and can continue to do so.
-IainB (April 29, 2015, 05:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Options dialog was fixed for me with v2.222.03. Will try later with the current official release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version