ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (96/146) > >>

Armando:
1- open farr (caps lock in my case)
2- write something in textbox
3- press Ctrl+Enter to "launch the selected (or first if in search box) item AND keep the FARR window open"

Item is launched but farr disappears instantly. Alt-tabbing confirms that it's gone.

Here's my ini file, in case it would help (removed personal info in the settings at the end).

mouser:
couple things to check, even though this may sound stupid:
1) this happens even when top item is a program to launch not an alias
2) double check that farr isn't simply hiding behind another window by having it be the only app on the desktop
3) make sure you have latest release

Armando:
1) Yes ; e.g. happens when MicrosoftOfficeWord2003.lnk (if I understand correctly that .lnk aren't considered aliases in that context...)
2) Yes, I checked that already. Farr isn't hiding.
3) Yes : v2.105.01

_hunter:
Greetings,

Strange problem appeared after I upgraded to 2.105.01 – all “complex” shortcuts stopped to work in FaRR. By complex shortcuts I mean all those shortcuts without actual “target” specified, like Skype, Chrome, Microsoft Office…
And by “stopped to work” I mean that nothing happens after I’m “running” such shortcut.
I’ve checked “Launch History” – there are entries for those attempts.
And if I switch “Launch Method” to “Method 2” next:

--- ------------------------------
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Skype.lnk
---------------------------
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Skype.lnk is not a valid Win32 application.

OK  
error appears.

I’m on Windows 2008 x64 (if it helps).

Best regards…

mouser:
Can you try messing with the other launch options in the Launching Files tab, notably the "Disable WOW64 redirection" checkbox, since that is the thing that's really new, and the "use file helper" checkbox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version