ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (79/146) > >>

mouser:
previous release was popping up the options dialog every 12 hours when it checked for updates.  new version fixes this -- sorry!

Version 2.95.01 - Jan 16, 2011

* [BugFix] New updater code was popping up options dialog on checking, could result in random display of options dialog every 12 hours for no reason.
* [BugFix] The ++arguments method of passing commandline arguements now does not lowercase options
* [MinorFeature] Added some commandline options.
* [MinorFeature] Added some plugins to list of installable plugins (farrwindowssearch,farrwebmetasearch,farrmilk)

mouser:
Minor update but important for those who have been annoyed by the "no disk in drive" errors that can occur with shortcuts to missing files:

Version 2.96.01 - Feb 5, 2011

* [BugFix] No more "No Disk in Drive" errors on shortcuts that link to unmounted drives (yay! thanks to all testers)
* [MinorFeature] New options on Search Behavior tab to disable shortcut resolving (can speed up search of start menu but prevents search matching real linked filenames)

hanzo:
i heard Faar was way better than launchy and here i'm. Strangely, I couldn't get Faar to remember my last entered text despite having the option "don't clear search text" ticked. The input box keeps going blank.

May I say a few fair words for launchy, if the author don't mind. The "second-guessing" nature of Launchy is very very misunderstood. In Faar, the use of keywords to launch something is very explicit, done through alias. U must first instruct Faar. However, in Launchy, the use of keywords to launch something is both implicit and explicit. We tell launchy the folders where they can guess, we type in something, and it gives us the nearest match it can find. After the guessing, launchy remembers the keywords in it's ini file, which users can edit (but is never taught to users unless one pokes around). This part works the same as Faar.

I like Faar. It seems to work very fast. Now, if only I can get it to remember my last inputed text.

Oh, I would really appreciate it too if Faar doesn't add the small registry entries to remember the registration dates.  I'm a sucker for self contained portable designed softwares that doesn't leave registry entries and files in other folders.

Thanks for this great software!

mouser:
Welcome hanzo -- and thank you for the well expressed thoughts.  Launchy is an excellent program, no disagreement from me!

I'll check into the issue with chooding to NOT clear the search text -- this is one of those features that i don't use (and find hard to imagine why one would!) and so it may have gotten messed up recently with some other change.

One feature you may not know about which i find much more useful, is ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down with cycle you through your paste searches.  You could also type: historys to see a history of your past searches (or historyl for history of past launches).

If you edit the file configdir.ini and put as the first line: PORTABLE=TRUE
That should turn off any storage of anything outside the directory of FARR.

hanzo:
Thank you so much for the response, Mouser. with your advise, Faar now works the way I need it to, and perhaps even faster once I get used to it - the use of search folders with modifier keywords + history (ctrl+up). Plus, the keywords typed automatically appear in the search box, saving me time typing all over again for the next search/launch. Thanks a million.

I also tried out the portable mode. It works beautifully.

This is a very fine application/folder launcher indeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version