Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 11:20:04 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Latest FARR Release v2.213.01 - Nov 29, 2013  (Read 246726 times)
kartal
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »

Lanux I am using shortcut and I have "loc -lfd -p" in the shortcut text field. What happens is that Farr searches for plugins for a while before letting me type.  Probably there should be a better way to invoke it.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2008, 11:16:18 PM »

why not try using an alias, that way you can also assign different keywords to different options. just a thought.

btw, Farr doesn't stall when i type 'loc' on my PC. assuming that your shortcut starts with 'loc'.

Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2008, 11:20:11 PM »

I like it too. Great move.
yeah, for the tree options! Thmbsup

@kartal: how do you invoke the plugin, via an alias?

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
kartal
Supporting Member

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2008, 11:33:11 PM »

no typing loc does not stall Farr. The problem is loc with options in this case "loc -lfd -p". This forces Farr to search plugins because it seems like Farr does not recognize "loc -lfd -p" as "loc" with search options.

why not try using an alias, that way you can also assign different keywords to different options. just a thought.
 (see attachment in previous post)
btw, Farr doesn't stall when i type 'loc' on my PC. assuming that your shortcut starts with 'loc'.
Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2008, 05:22:44 AM »

A redesigned options dialog, no skinning in the rest of the interface, faster saving of the settings file... those are the improvements! Thmbsup
s.newave
Supporting Member

« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2008, 04:52:23 PM »

Love the new options dialog. Great job as always  Thmbsup
Codebyte
Supporting Member

"Premature Optimization is the root of all evil."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2008, 12:25:21 AM »

I must say, very impressive! im glad that i found this thing! Thanks for your hard work!

CodeByter.com - http://www.codebyter.com
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2008, 04:34:28 AM »

New version 2.14.01 is now up (let's hope i don't regret putting this through private beta).

The most notable change is that you can now filter the built in lists like:
  • agroups - list of all known aliases
  • aplugins - list of all known plugins
  • historys - past search history
  • historyl - past launch history
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2008, 04:42:12 AM »

Am i the only one who as a hard time finding the farr private beta link?  embarassed

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2008, 04:45:35 AM »

just download from normal link in first post on thread.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2008, 05:17:59 AM »

• [BugFix] - But the remove-duplicates option back in Search Behavior tab -- used to be checked by default.

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2008, 05:34:03 AM »

just download from normal link in first post on thread.
Oh.. right  embarassed

nitrix-ud
Charter Member

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2008, 09:34:52 AM »

The most notable change is that you can now filter the built in lists like:

* agroups - list of all known aliases
    * aplugins - list of all known plugins
    * historys - past search history
    * historyl - past launch history

wonderful, i was really waiting for that !
BUT  tongue
i'm still waiting for more results for the historys command !!
20 is not enough Wink
czb
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2008, 09:45:42 AM »

does rplugins work for you??

My open-source online piano game: http://musicope.com/
kartal
Supporting Member

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2008, 10:31:11 AM »

Launching web links or commands from a list style alias via f keys or ctl+numbers is broken. v2.13.03  this has been the best version that things were working fine.

Just type "news" and try launch any of them.

echo
Participant

« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2008, 11:23:33 AM »

2- Maybe that has been mentioned before : farr finds but cannot launch a file if it has a space as the last character of its name
(e.g. : E:\Doct\xLC-.Moreno,Jacob L.__Théâtre de la spontanéité__+tgsPat tgsPthée+ .doc)

3- There still seems to be a problem with certain characters and folder names. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to be related to the "É" character (only?). i.e. : each time one my folder names uses the É character, farr won't display the subfolders and files it contains. (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)And here are 2 extra ideas for the future :

Seems that the space character inside URL links still haunts FARR.
Pity (although can be bypassed by copying tothe WIN+R command line)
 huh
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 11:26:18 AM by echo » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2008, 12:01:56 PM »

i changed rplugins to: goreload
to make it more consistent with the other "instant" strings like gohelp,goupdate, etc. and to emphasize the fact that it reloads both plugins and alias files.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2008, 01:18:53 PM »

kartal wrote:
Launching web links or commands from a list style alias via f keys or ctl+numbers is broken. v2.13.03  this has been the best version that things were working fine.

can anyone confirm this -- it seems to be working fine here.
kRs
Participant

« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2008, 04:53:53 PM »

Here seems to work well.. I tried with news and search, either with function keys or ctrl + number
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2008, 05:30:01 PM »

seems to work here too. v.2.14.01

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2008, 03:55:05 AM »

mouser, the 'remove missing item' option doesn't seem to work (see pic). any suggestions? i'm using 2.14.01

d4ni
Supporting Member

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2008, 06:16:27 AM »

Please don't forget to add the ability to display file extensions on file browsing only embarassed
Christian.Eitner
Supporting Member

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2008, 07:07:02 AM »

For me, 2.14 reintroduces the problem that keyword aliases don't fire immediately, but bring up a list instead. I think this was once introduced with 2.10 and solved with 2.12.

Anyone else?

Cheers,

Christian
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »

Christian, can you give me an example of what happens (preferably using a built in alias that i also have) so i can reproduce and test?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2008, 10:30:59 AM »

Minor alpha update -- see first post for list of changes.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.047s | Server load: 0.13 ]