ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (66/146) > >>

mouser:
New version with some useful features requested by users, including customizable titlebar which supports date+time, as well as ability to easily launch applications as an administrator.

Version 2.80.01 - November 20th, 2009

* [Feature] - Ability to customize titlebar, including ability to put date and time in it.
* [BugFix] - Users can no longer delete built-in hotkeys (but they can be disabled).
* [MinorFeature] - Added option to disable troubleshooting log.
* [Feature] - You can launch an item as an administrator by holding Ctrl+Shift as you launch it (or adding /runasadmin to the result in alias list)
* [Feature] - The launch history and search history are now saved to independent files (in config dir) instead of the ini file; allows faster save of bigger lists, and means less paranoia when moving and sharing normal ini settings file.
* [MinorFeature] - Improved text of options dialog for history options.
* [MinorFeature] - When reducing the number of items to keep in history, it now truncates the current list.
* [BugFix] - When launch history reached max, new items were not being added.

Tuxman:
Thanks Mouser  8) trying FARR for a couple of days now as a Windows-Run replacement. So far it does the job quite well.  :-*

CatamountJack:
Hi Mouser,

FYI...  I just installed the new version, but suddenly my user variables no longer work.  I haven't dug too deep yet, I'll try to investigate more.

EDIT:  Well, now I don't know...  some of my user variables are no longer working.  I have a user variable called UtilitiesHome in the [Environment] section of my user variable definitions that references C:\Utilities.  Using %uservar.Environment.UtilitiesHome% in an alias no longer works.  However, a similar reference to C:\Program Files by the ProgramFiles variable in the same [Environment] section seems to work just fine.

I've also noticed that any alias that launches a program brings up a dialog asking which user to run the program as (WinXP, SP3)...  that could get annoying, since I just want them to all run as me (I'm on an admin account... yes, bad form, I know).  Doesn't seem to affect programs that are launched from search though - just aliases.

EDIT 2:  Argh, actually, in order to run as the current user, I have to uncheck the box that says "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity" every time I run it - otherwise it won't launch at all.  Sorry for all of the edits.

mouser:
I've also noticed that any alias that launches a program brings up a dialog asking which user to run the program as (WinXP, SP3)...
--- End quote ---

$*&#*(&&%(&%(*#(*&#@!@!@!@#@$@ >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I messed up. I will push a new update now.  Very stupid to not do more testing before I pushed an update.

mouser:
New version uploaded; please try it and let me know.  v2.80.01 was trying to launch everything as an administrator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version